Telehealth Option HIPAA Compliant & Secure

Topics about the distribution of health related services via electronic, telephone and video chat technologies. This category is for telehealth and telemedicine options for independent providers and anything related to the use of them in a practice.
Gavin Walker

Telehealth Option HIPAA Compliant & Secure

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:48 am

One of the telehealth options that Walker Tek carries is Updox. They bundled their Video Chat service and their Secure Text service into one. It is HIPAA compliant (2 factor authentication) and completed visits live on their cloud for 7+ years for archive. General flow: provider sends secure text to patient inviting them to the Updox chat room, patient has 10 minutes to respond before the session closes, the patient’s text will contain a link for them to click and enter the secure chat room, when the visit is over a summary is generated for the biller to use to bill the visit. It is all web based so there are no apps to have to download. For Medisoft and Lytec users, an SFTP can be used to pull in, re-title and place files where you like.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Marry

Re: Telehealth Option HIPAA Compliant & Secure

Post by Marry » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:25 am

Hey
I found it very informative. since I was wondering about HIPPA compliance and I also found some good pieces of blogs as well.
check out here: https://sybridmd.com/

johnsonjames

Re: Telehealth Option HIPAA Compliant & Secure

Post by johnsonjames » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:44 pm

Yes, there are telehealth platforms available that are designed to be HIPAA-compliant and secure. These platforms implement robust encryption measures, secure data storage, and strict access controls to ensure the confidentiality and privacy of patient information during remote medical consultations. It's crucial for healthcare providers to choose a Telehealth Appointment solution that adheres to HIPAA regulations to safeguard patient data and maintain the highest standards of security.