Revenue Management

Topics about Change Healthcare , formerly RelayHealtrh, Emdeon, Capario, and Medavant go here.
lillyeye

Revenue Management

Post by lillyeye » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:21 am

Hello. I am sending claims to Change Healthcare through Revenue Management in Medisoft. I usually run "check claims" and populate a list of claims that have passed and a list of claims with errors. Passed claims have a check in the box marked send. Claims with errors did not have a check in aforementioned box, but once I reviewed the error, I could put a check mark in the send box and send the claim anyway if I chose to send that claim. Lately, I can't put a check mark in the claims with errors and send the claim anyway. I have been using this software many, many years and have never encountered this road block. Sending out an SOS.... :x

Gavin Walker

Re: Revenue Management

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:29 am

It can depend on what the error is. Some errors have to be fixed.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

lillyeye

Post by lillyeye » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:42 am

The error occurs when I bill CPT codes 99205 and 99215. I use these codes when I bill for surgery evaluations. These visits are quite extensive, in depth, involve numerous tests and lengthy. I used to be able to place a check mark in the send box even when I got the error message "99205 (99215) is not payable as coded (National Correct Coding Initiatives Edits) and the claim would go through anyway. Now, I can't click anything in the boxes under the Send column. I can't even uncheck a "passed claim". There is absolutely no editing of the send status at all, whether claim is passed or failed.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:28 am

Can you check the boxes before you check claims and go straight to send claims? There used to be a bug where if you had the auto-check claims feature turned on, then Revenue Management also wouldn't let you manually select a claim to send anyway. So you might try turning auto-check claims off if you have it turned onl

lillyeye

Post by lillyeye » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Thank you so much for the suggestion Gavin. Yes, I can check the boxes beforehand and just got straight to sending the claims without being checked. I discovered that work around yesterday. lol. I will go to my Preferences and make sure the auto-check claims is turned off. Thanks a million!!!