Payer id

Topics about Change Healthcare , formerly RelayHealtrh, Emdeon, Capario, and Medavant go here.
Roz

Payer id

Post by Roz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:40 am

My clearinghouse (Emdeon) made changes that will no longer allows key words, such as Gilsbar, Blue Cross, etc. to associate with a payer id. They are requesting that I list the payer id at the beginning of the name of the insurance, example 07205 Gilsbar. The problem with this is, when I enter a case and search the name Gilsbar, Medisoft is looking for the number 07205; therefore, my insurance company does not come up. They told me another option is to put the payer id in box 10d. From what I can tell, box 10d is case specific and is not automatically generated with anything associated insurance information. We input the electronic payer id with the insurance information where does this print on our electronic claims? Any help is appreciated!

Gavin Walker

Re: Payer id

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:09 am

You should switch to using Revenue Management to submit your claims in ANSI 5010 format. Then you can just key the number in the Payer ID field.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Roz

Post by Roz » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:16 pm

We are hoping to start using Revenue Management soon, but in the meantime Emdeon has mapped my claims to recognize the payer id in line 2 of the payer information (which is street address 1). My electronic claims will only print 3 lines so the P.O. Box or physical address (which is now listed in street address 2 of the payer information) is not listed. The payer name is line one, payer id on line two and city, state and zip on line 3 on my electronic claims. I was able to edit my paper claims to print all 4 lines. Is there any way to edit the information for my electronic claims to print all 4 lines? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:20 am

You'll have to change it all back when you switch to Revenue Management. There is no "line number" in an ANSI 5010 claim. Everything goes in it's designated field.