Free Medisoft Support & Other - Courtesy Support Resource

For prospective & existing Walker Tek Solutions' clients. (Remember me for upgrades ~ Gavin)
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:14 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: V8 & 5010
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:39 pm 

I have submitted a "test" claim to Emdeon, our clearinghouse, using V8 Medisoft. I have not heard a reply, as of today. I'm wondering if anyone else who is using V8 has had a succesful 5010 claim accepted? Or have you had to switch to V17? Thanks for your answer!

Post subject: Re: V8 & 5010
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:20 am 

Technically you are testing that Emdeon can map your print image into ANSI 5010. They should be able to do that if you don't have a PO Box for a pay to address and you are filling in Zip+4 for your practice and facility addresses. Post back your results, I am curious to hear what Emdeon says.

Post subject: Re: V8 & 5010
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:07 pm 

As usual with Emdeon, I am being run-around, still w/o an answer other than "if you are sending a print file, we should be able to up-something to make it work". Again, today, I sent a specific message that I wanted my claim tried. I think the English/whatever language they spoke before is causing the hang-up. I'm calling again tomorrow!

I have found out that the zip+4 needs to be 9 digits, w/o the dash that I am used to seeing. So have made all those corrections.

I will keep you posted.
Donna Jo :?

Post subject: V8 & 5010
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:24 pm 

I got my answer from Emdeon. Chris Carter, manager of Emdeon Office Implementation, said that the claim that I sent for testing would have no trouble passing as 5010! He told me to be sure that all of my payers addresses were not PO boxes.

I have one suggestion for zip codes: if you haven't already discover this, zips are 9 digits; no - between 1st 5 & last 4 numbers. They are not like we recieve in our mail,64836-4027, but 648364027.

If anyone has a problem w/Emdeon just email on this forum & I will try to help.

Have a great switch over in January!