Medisoft Version 12 and Windows 7

Posts related Medisoft software.
gulu75

Medisoft Version 12 and Windows 7

Post by gulu75 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:04 pm

PLEASE HELP!!!! I really can not thank the moderators on this forum for their time and patience!!! I need to upgrade from V12 and will OBVIOUSLY be calling you to discuss in the next 3 months :D !!!

Until then, have just purchased a new computer as one of mine burnt out---new one has Windows 7 professional with XP mode----how do I install Medisoft and OH so that they will work??????

I again can not thank you enough in advance!!!!

gulu75

Gavin Walker

Re: Medisoft Version 12 and Windows 7

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:23 pm

Assuming you have XP Mode installed and setup on your Windows 7 Pro computer, click the Start button , click All Programs, click Windows Virtual PC, and then click Windows XP Mode.

You will see a Windows XP desktop start up. Install Medisoft on the Virtual Windows XP desktop (XP Mode).

Once installed, you can close XP Mode.

Then, in Windows 7, click the Start button , click Windows Virtual PC, click Windows XP Mode Applications, and then click the Medisoft icon.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

gulu75

Post by gulu75 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Gavin,

Thanks for the advice. One problem. When I get into XP mode and try to access the DB--it allows me to join the network but will NOT allow me to access the server---any thoughts??? I s the server not allowing access given it is a virtual PC???

Any input would be really really appreciated. Thanks again!!!!

gulu75

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:44 pm

Is this Windows Server and Medisoft Network Pro? If so, start up XP Mode again and join the virtual XP machine to the domain just like you would a physical computer. Then when you start up Medisoft, you'll need to log into XP Mode with a domain login with rights to the Medidata share.