Medisoft-Patient accounting version 11

Posts related Medisoft software.
ivanaknudson

Post by ivanaknudson » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:36 pm

Hello guys,

I was wondering if I could insatall my Medisoft-Patient accounting v.11 to my laptop since it is already installed and used on my desktop. I would love to take my work with me where ever I go. This way I am just stuck and Have to work just from my house.
Do I ahve to buy new software with new serial number, or once I got it it's ok to download it to my laptop? I have tried once, but it is asking for the registration of the product and it is not possible since my software was already registered-becaused used on my desk top.
Any input will be appreciate it.

Ivana

Jason York

Post by Jason York » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:43 am

Hi Ivana,
You should be able to install it and register it without a problem. On your currently installed copy, you will need to go to the 'Help' menu, 'Register Program', then click on the 'Print' button. Print out that registration information, and enter it in on the laptop install exactly as it appears on the print out. Also, when it asks you whether or not you have your registration codes, you will want to click 'Yes' and enter the codes in off the print out as well.

The one issue you will have is, if running Medisoft Basic or Advanced, in order to have the same data on both the laptop and the desktop you will have to constantly create and restore backups between the two. They are not capable of accessing a database on a computer other than what they're install on, so each computer will have it's own database.
Jason York
Support Manager
MedTech Medical Management Systems
www.medtechsys.net

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:46 pm

We also have a service where we host your Medisoft server on the Internet for a monthly charge. As long as you have broadband Internet from both locations you can run Medisoft off of our server.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

ivanaknudson

Post by ivanaknudson » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:21 pm

Jason,

I forgot to mentioned that my laptop has already Windows VISTA, and for some reason I am having trouble. I have installed everything, your instrustions were very helpful, thank you. I just can't use it, for some reason.
Any suggestions?
Doctor I bill for, saw the PT at the hospital. I need to provide box 32-with facily information for mediacre. This is the only case since I started with her. Can you help me with the box 32. Do i have to create another HCFA form with the particular facilty information in box 32, or not?

Thank you in advance.

Ivana

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:35 pm

Ivana,

#1. Medisoft v11 does NOT work with Windows Vista. As you have discovered, the first problem you will run into is it will NOT register. The solution is to either get a Windows XP laptop (we are still building Windows XP Pro laptops preinstalled with Medisoft v11), or upgrade to Medisoft v12. Medisoft v12 will run on Windows 2000, XP, 2003, and Vista. It will depend on which edition of Medisoft you are on as to which solution will be cheaper for you.

#2. The Facility address comes from the Case window, Account tab, Facility field.