rendering provider vs billing provider

Posts related Medisoft software.
EHCS

rendering provider vs billing provider

Post by EHCS » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:49 am

We are having a dilema. When medisoft fills in the info It will always pull assigned provider and put that info in the NPI field for Rendering provider and apply the same provider as billing provider. How do I make it show a different rendering provider NPI Than the billing provider. Obviously I could assign the rendering providers NPI to the billing providers info...but that doesn't seem right (and not sure that would even validate through my clearing house). Is there a way to map one of the other provider fields to the billing provider (box 32) or vice versa?? It seems like this would be a common thing since clinics have different rendering providers, but the clinic gets paid. We are somewhat new to the clinic billing situation. thanks for any help

Gavin Walker

Re: rendering provider vs billing provider

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:39 pm

In Transaction Entry, you can change the provider on the individual charge line to whatever provider you have setup in Medisoft. Then that will be the "rendering" provider on the claim. As a default, the provider that is assigned to the case will be the "billing" provider when the claim is created. The case provider defaults to the charge line, but you can override it in Transaction Entry.

If it is all really the same provider, but the billing provider needs to be the group, then setup your PINs grid to file your claim as a group instead of an individual provider.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

EHCS

Re: rendering provider vs billing provider

Post by EHCS » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Perfect. thanks! I just needed to mark him as group instead of individuall