Important: Check for Updates Before Launching Rev. Mgmt.

Posts related Medisoft software.
Gavin Walker

Important: Check for Updates Before Launching Rev. Mgmt.

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:52 pm

Important: Check for Updates Before Launching Revenue Management in Medisoft Version 17!

A modification has been made to the Revenue Management conversion script that requires you to check for updates before launching the program in Medisoft Version 17 (v17). After installing Medisoft v17 as normal, go to: Start > All Programs > Revenue Management > Check for Updates BEFORE launching Revenue Management. Failure to check for updates could lead to issues with the software.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

prosete

Re: Important: Check for Updates Before Launching Rev. Mgmt.

Post by prosete » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:09 pm

Is this a very recent mod to RM, say, like in the past several days? I ask because ever since I began to use v17 this past January, anytime a new version of RM becomes available, and I don't know about it, as soon as I start RM from within v17 the upgrade screen will pop up automatically requiring me to effect the purported update before I can finalize whatever RM function I had initiated. However, it's been my experience that these automatic upgrades forced by RM do not work well at all. Only the manner in which you suggested seems to work perfectly well for me. Does this mod mean the RM update function will no longer pop up automatically whenever I start RM from within v17? If not, is there a way to cancel the RM auto-upgrade function so I can continue to seek upgrades outside of v17?

TIA.

Gavin Walker

Re: Important: Check for Updates Before Launching Rev. Mgmt.

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:10 pm

You should be able to click Cancel and update later. The version of Revenue Management that shipped on the Medisoft v17 disk was already out of date the day it shipped and you have to check for updates before you try to use it.