Clarification Regarding Revenue Management with Medisoft v17

Posts related Medisoft software.
Gavin Walker

Clarification Regarding Revenue Management with Medisoft v17

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:13 am

Clarification Regarding Revenue Management with Medisoft v17 and Lytec 2011

Revenue Management will be included with the product releases at no additional cost regardless if you use RelayHealth or sends claims directly to payors or competitive clearinghouses. This announcement has triggered many questions. Please read below for answers to the most frequently asked questions.

Medisoft Version 17

What do I need to do in order to get Revenue Management at no charge?
With Medisoft v17, Revenue Management will automatically come with the product release. You will no longer need to order Revenue Management Direct. In addition, the Revenue Management serial number will no longer exist, so you will not need to complete a separate registration process. You will just have to configure and register Medisoft. You will need to go to a value added reseller (VAR) to get additional connections, if needed.

What ANSI format ships with Medisoft v17?
Medisoft v17 will ship with the ANSI 5010 format for the RelayHealth connection. All other connections will be in the ANSI 4010 format.

Since Medisoft v17 comes with Connection Editor, will McKesson automatically support me on the application?
No. McKesson will only support VARs on Connection Editor that pass the certification test.

If I currently have Medisoft Version 16 (v16) and own Revenue Management Direct, at what cost will the connections be renewed?
All existing subscription serial numbers for Revenue Management Direct with Medisoft v16 will be extended automatically without charge through December 31, 2011. This applies to Revenue Management Direct, Smart Screens and Connection Editor. After December 31, 2011, if you have not upgraded to Medisoft v17, the serial numbers will expire and Revenue Management Direct will no longer function.

If I am on a version of the product older than Medisoft v16 and want to add Revenue Management, what do I need to do?
If you are on a version of Medisoft older than v16 and do not currently have Revenue Management in any variety, you will need to upgrade to Medisoft v16 and pay for Revenue Management or upgrade to Medisoft v17 to get Revenue Management included with the product.

Lytec 2011

What do I need to do in order to get Revenue Management at no charge?
With Lytec 2011, Revenue Management will automatically come with the product release. You will no longer need to order Revenue Management Direct. In addition, the Revenue Management serial number will no longer exist, so you will not need to complete a separate registration process. You will need to go to a VAR to get additional connections, if needed.

What ANSI format ships with Lytec 2011?
Lytec 2011 will ship with the ANSI 5010 format for the RelayHealth connection.

Since Lytec 2011 comes with Connection Editor, will McKesson automatically support me on the application?
No. McKesson will only support VARs on Connection Editor that pass the certification test.

If I currently have Lytec 2010 or Lytec 2009 and own Revenue Management Direct, at what cost will the connections be renewed?
All existing subscription serial numbers for Revenue Management Direct with Lytec 2010 and Lytec 2009 will be extended automatically without charge through December 31, 2012. This applies to Revenue Management Direct, Smart Screens and Connection Editor. After December 31, 2012, if you have not upgraded to Lytec 2011, the serial numbers will expire and Revenue Management Direct will no longer function.

Will the serial numbers for the ERA module be extended to cover that time period?
Yes, for the ERA module only, serial numbers will be extended to December 31, 2012. At that point, you will need to upgrade to a current version for Revenue Management to continue to function.

If I am on a version of the product older than Lytec 2009 and want to add Revenue Management, what do I need to do?
If you are on a version of Lytec older than Lytec 2009 and do not currently have Revenue Management in any variety, then you have three options: upgrade to Lytec 2010 and pay for Revenue Management now; upgrade to Lytec 2010 with assurance and wait for Revenue Management with the delivery of Lytec 2011; or upgrade to Lytec 2011 when it becomes generally available and get Revenue Management included with the product.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

camedbill

Re: Clarification Regarding Revenue Management with Medisoft

Post by camedbill » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:19 pm

Does this mean that we can send claims to any clearing house without charge? Is there still a charge per connection?
Hope you can answer this question -Can I use Revenue Management Direct to post ERAs even if I don't send claims thru it? Thank you for responding

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:55 pm

camedbill wrote:Does this mean that we can send claims to any clearing house without charge?
Yes, but there still may be separate charges from your clearinghouse.
camedbill wrote:Is there still a charge per connection?
There is no license charge and if you can configure it yourself, then it is free. If you need to work with a VAR to set it up, then there will likely be a service charge.
camedbill wrote:Can I use Revenue Management Direct to post ERAs even if I don't send claims thru it?
Yes, but it works better if you also send the claims through Revenue Management. Information going out on the claims comes back on the remittance and helps the process.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

camedbill

Post by camedbill » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:31 am

Thank you for the response Gavin! I just have a couple more questions:
Isn't it a yearly charge and it's only free for 2011?
When does Lytec 2011 come out?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:23 pm

As of right now, Revenue Management is FREE for Medisoft v17 and Lytec 2011 indefinitely. For older version it is FREE until 12/31/2011 and then you must upgrade your Medisoft/Lytec. As always, we won't know future pricing of the product on future releases until those prices are announced. Historically, McKesson has given us about a year notice on any major pricing changes. Lytec 2011 has not been released, but we are expecting it within about a month. We are currently selling Lytec 2010 with software updates for 2011 that ship when 2011 is released.

camedbill

Post by camedbill » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Thanks for the info Gavin! Do you have any documentation regarding this announcement? My reseller is insisting that it's not true. Do you support Lytec clients?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:19 pm

We mostly sell Medisoft, but we sell and support Lytec as well. This is information that was release from McKesson to VARs earlier this year. I don't know, maybe your VAR didn't get the message.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi, Gavin:

If we submit to numerous payers direct (for example, Blue Shield of PA, Medicare of PA, various Palmettos, various WPS Medicares, Availity clearinghouse, Office Ally clearinghouse), for Version 17 how many connections do we need? I am very familiar with RM (and previously CM4) so no how to configure header info and to choose the correct IGuide for the Claims section for the receiver in RM.

Do 4010 connections come automatically with 17 or would I have to purchase a 4010 connection? And obviously I would need 5010. But can I get one of each type of connection....and then configure that connection with the Connection Editor for the correct header info (ISA and GS segments, etc) and then select the correct I Guide? Or must it be like the old Medisoft direct modules with one connection per payer/clearinghouse? I remember the old CIPA module in Medisoft so can generic 4010 and 5010 connections be set up. This way I could then select for example the MS 16 Prof Claims DIRECT for 4010 and the appropriate IGuide for 5010??

Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:21 am

It looks like you will probably need about 6 connections. If you are familiar with RM, then you can set all of these up yourself. Just keep in mind, McKesson will not answer any questions about RM, so it is between you and your VAR to figure it out. v17 already comes with all the 4010 IGs that McKesson had as well as the new 5010 IGs. If you are already familiar with CM4 and RM, then you will love the RM that comes with v17. Once you have your connection setup and working you should be able to just switch to the 5010 IG once the payer is ready.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:25 am

Hey, Gavin:

Thanks...I have no problem now configuring connections in V16 and know how to select the correct IGuide (MS16 Prof Direct)....so I assume there is something like that in V16 for 5010 (besides for 4010), right?

And why do you think I will need 6 connections?? I actually have connections to numerous direct payers nationwide so I will be setting up direct connections for each of these payers and also for the clearinghouses I use...and like you said, I can use the same connection, but just change the IGuide when I am ready to send 5010 production to a payer, right??

Steve
Steven Zats

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:26 am

We are not offering a 5010 IG for Medisoft v16. We can help you if you upgrade to v17. I usually setup a separate connection for each payer, just to keep things cleaner. If each of yours is the same except for the header information, you could potentially do it all with one connection.

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 am

Thanks...I have already purchased my V17 upgrade and am just waiting to install it when SP1 is released this week.....And if I have any problems with connections, I'll be in touch with you!

Steve
Steven Zats