Audit Generator

Posts related Medisoft software.
nmc

Audit Generator

Post by nmc » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:44 pm

I am trying to create a usable Audit Generator report that I can run and then interpret. I have gone to Program Options and checked/unchecked items that I view as relevant. Then, once I run the Audit Generator report, it appears that the same items are showing up again and again (same user, same table, same time, same patient record and same change). It is also showing "users" that I did not select to include.

What do others use the Audit Generator for? Basically I need a report that shows what the users have been creating or deleting in order to determine if users are making changes outside the scope of their job duties. We have the security set up, but it's not as user friendly as we'd hoped, and have nearly everyone set up as Level 1; otherwise, no one could print a superbill!

Thanks.

Gavin Walker

Re: Audit Generator

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:59 pm

Any changes you make in Program Options do not take effect until user's log in again. If auditing was turned off at the time when the data was entered, THEN NO AUDIT DATA WAS CAPTURED. Therefore, there is nothing for the report to pull. Keep in mind, if you have audit turned on, it will cut the speed of Medisoft in that area by about half. So, once you have the data you need, I recommend turning audit off until you need it again.

Superbill Permissions are set under File -> Permissions -> Reports -> Custom Reports. The default is to only only allow level 1 to run custom reports, but you can allow all the levels to run custom reports if you want. Keep in mind, that a custom report can be written to pull just about anything, so you want to be careful who can actually run a custom report.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386