Update Doesnt Work

Posts related Medisoft software.
Psylin

Update Doesnt Work

Post by Psylin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:13 pm

I recently had Medisoft Version 7 Installed. A couple days ago it got deleted from my Harddrive when i purchased and installed the newest version it still had all its old information. When attempting to install Medisoft 16 it attempted to retrieve this information and convert it. It was unsuccessful giving the error - Access Violation at address 00404744 in module 'AutoConvert.exe'. Read of Address 00000000 The Conversion cannot complete until this is corrected. When clicking ok it pops up another Error - EADSDatabaseError: Error 5004: Either ACE could not find the Specified file, or you do not have sufficient rights to access the file. The data dictionary file is not found on the server. When I click ok on this I get a message telling me I can use Mediutils. When I open Mediutils and I try to open a specific practice I get a message saying This option requires other users to exit this practice. So I cannot open the practice. Also No Medisoft software is running when I open Mediutils.

Gavin Walker

Re: Update Doesnt Work

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:42 pm

The older your version of Medisoft, the more likely you will have issues during the upgrade conversion.

For your best chance of success try the following:

1. Backup your Medisoft data in version 7.

2. Run file maintenance in Medisoft v7. Rebuild all indexes, pack all files, and recalculate all balances. This is also a good time to purge any data if you need to do that.

2. Uninstall all previous versions of Medisoft starting from the newest version and rolling back to prior versions until you get it all off your computer. Do the same for Office Hours Pro and Final Draft as you go.

3. Uninstall anything related to Advantage.

4. Delete the \Program Files\Medisoft\Bin folder.

5. Now install Medisoft v16 Advanced (even if you didn't purchase it, it will install and run for 30 days.)

6. Create a new Medidata folder.

7. Restore the backup from step 1. Hopefully it converts this time. :D
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Psylin

Post by Psylin » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:26 am

I have a couple issues in trying to complete those steps. I no longer have a copy of Medisoft 7 and since it was deleted from my computer I have no way of reinstalling the previous version. Is there any other way of trying to run file maintenance and rebuild the indexes without the previous version of Medisoft 7?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:13 am

You will have to skip that step then and hope for the best. Instead of restoring a backup, copy only the practice folder located under Medidata on the old machine to the new machine. Add the practice on the new machine pointing to the same practice folder. Medisoft will see the data there and convert it.