Claim problem

Posts related Medisoft software.
bkwrmz7

Claim problem

Post by bkwrmz7 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm having a problem creating claims, either the claim is not being created at all, saying the charges were on a previous claim (which they werent) or that there is no new charges to put on a claim, or all the charges are not showing up on the claim (all dx's are the same) and won't let me add. I'm soooo frustrated, can someone help?

Gavin Walker

Re: Claim problem

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:22 am

Here is a Medisoft knowledgebase article covering some common reasons why claims don't get created: LINK REMOVED

The old Medisoft knowledgebase is completely gone now, so I removed the link.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

bkwrmz7

Post by bkwrmz7 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:48 pm

Thank you!! I found the problem, in the Charge tab (by the Estimates tab) does not show the box checked off for Insurance 1, how do i get that to get checked off? I rechecked the ins 1 tab, everything is right, but it wont go!!!!! Im so frustrated!!
:twisted: Another ? Our CLIA # is automatically put in the Prior Auth field of the case, but it's a digit off, how do I modify it? I looked around but couldnt find anything.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:30 am

Usually, you must click "Update All" from Transaction Entry after the other things outlined in the above knowledge-base article are correct. You may have to go and open another case after doing this to get the screen to refresh.

To correct your other issue, create a new case on a patient. Change nothing else and update the CLIA # so it is correct. Click "Set Default". Now if you go and create another new case, the CLIA # should default properly.

bkwrmz7

Post by bkwrmz7 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 pm

I followed all the directions in the article, however, I'm still having a problem, its the checkmark that is not working correctly, its not all claims, just some, any other ideas? :?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Although the check boxes look like you can just check the box to change whether a claim gets generated, you have to change the condition that caused that to happen and then click "Update All" to change the status of that check box. Is this regarding a secondary claim? There are some additional things to look for on secondary claims. If that doesn't get it, then your best bet will be to work directly with a VAR that can support your version of Medisoft.

bkwrmz7

Post by bkwrmz7 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Its primary claims, it's now all claims I cant create, I switched to another data set that was on the server and the create claims seems to work good, but when I switch back to the current data set that I use, the claims are still not able to create. FYI, I reindexed the files that didnt change anything. Any ideas?

Greg Barton

Post by Greg Barton » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:24 am

That is very frustrating when it will not create claims when the transactions are there and need to be billed. You may have checked these things (from what I see) but here's my list of items that could be hindering the creation of the claim:
Is the CPT marked "Patient Responsible only"?
Is the Case marked "Cash Case"?
From Transaction Entry, have you added the "Claim Number" column to the grid to see if the transaction is on another claim? (if so, you can see the claim number to pull up).
If you make a significant change on a case, you may need to change the charge, change it back (like the change the CPT code) and Save it. It "tricks" Medisoft to think that there is a change and saves the new data.

We've exhausted our list and the help that we can give without actually looking at your data. With as many things as you've tried, you really need to have someone that supports Medisoft look at your data with you to resolve the problem.

If you are not working with another Medisoft VAR, give us a call. We can remote into your data, take a look. We do offer 1 month to 1 year support agreements.
Greg Barton

bkwrmz7

Post by bkwrmz7 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:12 pm

I have tried the things you suggested to no avail. I do see a "false" under the heading of "bill to insured 1" I think that's a problem, but dont know how to fix. What are your charges for remoting in?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:00 pm

Our support prices start at $200 for on month. You get two months free with a Medisoft purchase from us. We have the ability to remote control your computer over the Internet if you allow us to.

bkwrmz7

Post by bkwrmz7 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:30 pm

that's $200 for a months worth of tech support? is there a contract or can we just buy one month?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon May 03, 2010 1:57 pm

If you contact our office, we can e-mail or fax an agreement to you.