Patient Acct Receivable report?

Posts related Medisoft software.
KAYBILLING

Patient Acct Receivable report?

Post by KAYBILLING » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:42 am

Using Advanced V26, using Billflash for patient statements. Is there a report I can run showing which patients received a statement 60+ days ago that hasn't paid? I'm not finding one that has correct data. Thanks in advance,

Gavin Walker

Re: Patient Acct Receivable report?

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:39 am

Did you try the Patient Remainder Aging report?
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:56 am

Yes, but I was hoping to be able to filter the dates. For this particular client, I started billing for in 2017, but just started tracking patient balances in 2022. So the Pt Remainder Aging pulls up aging on claims/patients I don't want ( only want on/after a certain date of service). Also, although it does show current, past 31-59 etc., it doesn't show date of first/last statement. Was kind of hoping for something a little more fine tuned. The patient aging by Statement Date, same issue.

I need a report to show patients who I've billed, how much they owe, the aging of that balance and if possible the statement dates (I can live without this one if I have the rest), being able to filter it by date of service.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:30 am

Try using the Write Off utility to write off all those old balances that you aren't responsible for. That will make all of your reporting and statements much cleaner.

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:26 am

Thanks Gavin, but that didn't work. Filter option is "cutoff date" which is defined as:

"When you enter a date in this field, the program compares it against the patients' last payment dates. Any patients who last made payments before this date will be included in the list of write-off patients."

So, no matter what date I use, I won't get the results I want. I put 7-31-2022 to test it (I started billing patients 8-1), there should be no patients who made payments prior to 7-31-2022 however it pulled up every account/balance including current ones and ones that never made a payment??
If I were to put the current date, it wouldn't pull up the data I need even if it worked the way it should. I need it to have a filter for writing off every balance for a visit on/before 7-31-2022. The write off doesn't seem to do that.

I've found a work around for now, I've uploaded a batch of statements to Billflash that were billed out 31+ days, so only accounts that include a past due balance have a statement, then I used the summary report to sort for my needs. Since I don't want that batch mailed, I delete and archive it.

Question:

The Report Designer, it's limited in what can be created, and it's not the easiest/greatest program. Is there something else that tacks onto Medisoft to create reports? I'm using Advanced V26 (V27 when I receive the link). Also, is there a program that can automatically run certain reports?

TIA.

KAYBILLING

Post by KAYBILLING » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:59 am

Update to my last post....I wasn't using the Write Off Utility, I was trying to use the Small Balance Write-Off. The Write Off utility seems to have what I need. Thank you!

Still would love info about creating reports. Is there a thread? I couldn't find one on search.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:06 am

If you are good at report writing and have started to run into the limits of the built in report designer, then you need to get Reports Pro. This will allow you to write about anything you need and modify the built-in reports to Medisoft.