Searching patient list by phone number?

Posts related Medisoft software.
pwlew123wts

Searching patient list by phone number?

Post by pwlew123wts » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:45 pm

How do you search the patient list by phone number? I see the default selection list that includes, "Last Name, First Name", "Chart Number", "Social Security Number"; however, I don't see searching by "Phone 2" as an option. Can the search be customized to add searching by "Phone 2"?

Sometimes we get a voice message with the phone number, but can't hear the person's name clearly. It would be nice to find the patient via their phone number. Of course, we can just call the phone number, but sometimes we don't want to disturb them at night or on the weekends or at work. Or, we want to look up claim information before we call the patient back.

Gavin Walker

Re: Searching patient list by phone number?

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:16 am

Hello, you can click the Question Mark button next to the search field. Then click the drop down and select Phone 1 for Home Phone, Phone 2 for Work Phone, or Phone 3 for Cell. I would probably enter the last 4 digits and select the option to do a partial match anywhere unless you are sure you know how the phone is formatted during entry.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

pwlew123wts

Re: Searching patient list by phone number?

Post by pwlew123wts » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:18 am

Gavin, thanks for the tip! Now that you pointed it out, I do recall using the Question Mark before, but I didn't remember to use it this time. I won't forget it anymore!