Showing Takebacsk on Payment Day Sheet

Posts related Medisoft software.
mbpros

Showing Takebacsk on Payment Day Sheet

Post by mbpros » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:04 am

I run a Payment Day Sheet every month for a couple of practices so they see the income brought in during that month per clinician (since they pay the clinicians a percentage of income). The issue is that when there is a take-back by a payer the take-back does not appear on the payment day sheet.

What can I do to get a take-back to appear on the payment day sheet as a negative payment? Or is there another report that can be run to accomplish this? OR is a custom report necessary?

The take-Back code is a code type Insurance Take-Back Adjustment and my guess is that the payment day sheet only would show payments and not take-back adjustments...Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

Gavin Walker

Re: Showing Takebacsk on Payment Day Sheet

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:25 am

Hi Steve, I just ran a Payment Day Sheet. It shows insurance take backs. Make sure the code type on the adjustment code you setup for takeback is Insurance Take Back Adjustment.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mbpros

Post by mbpros » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:00 pm

Hmmmm...Okay...I do have it set that way. What about refunds to patients? If the practice sends a refund to a patient will the refund appear on the Day Sheet?

Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:08 am

No, it doesn't include refunds, but it is supposed to include takebacks because that is considered a negative payment. I know that seems like odd logic, but that is the way eMDs has it written.