Rebilling unpaid claims older than X days

Posts related Medisoft software.
rhelfer

Rebilling unpaid claims older than X days

Post by rhelfer » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:20 pm

When trying to rebill unpaid claims, from the data selection screen, there is the option at the bottom to print "unpaid claims older than XX days". I find that if I put a single patient in the chart number range, and a single claim number in, if that claim has some unpaid items and some paid items it will not print. Is there a way to reprint unpaid claims with out going into each line item in the transaction screen to see which procedures were paid, go back into claims management and separate the specific transactions and then reprint those claims or go to the data forms selection again and put in the chart number and claim number and reprint? Especially because you have to close each window because you cannot have these two windows at a time. to do this is too time consuming. Is there a way to select all patients and insurance claims older than x days without having to separate the line items?
Thanks

Gavin Walker

Re: Rebilling unpaid claims older than X days

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:24 pm

In Claims Management just change the status back to Ready To Send. You can sort the list by Bill Date 1 and select the records that are older than a particular date.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:57 pm

But then I still have to go into each procedure in the transaction screen to see what line item was not paid, close that screen, go into the claims management, bring up that patient, go to the claim that has the unpaid procedure, split that claim, and then reprint. Isn't there a way to request unpaid items only to print and not by the claim itself?
Thanks

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:22 pm

Just do the ones that have a status 1 of Sent using the List Only option. When a claim is paid, the status should automatically be set to Done.

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi Gavin,
Is that per claim or per line item? The problem I am having is that some line items are paid out of the individual claim and some aren't. I want to be able to reprint all claim line items easily that have outstanding line item without having to go into each transaction in the transaction screen and note that line item, close the screen and then go into claims management and split the claim for unpaid items and reprint for each patient. Is there a better way to do this as this is too time consuming. Even if I do a report for unpaid line items I still have to follow these procedures to get that item separated from the rest to reprint.
Thanks
Bob

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:50 pm

That is per claim. All of your paid claims "should" be marked done. If not, mark them Done and be sure to set the program option to mark complete claims done. To select multiple claims just click the first claim in the date range in the grid and then scroll down to the last date and hold the shift key while you click the last item. All of the records in between will be marked. Then click the Change Status button and change the status from Sent to Ready to Send. It defaults to doing the selected claims if you have any selected.

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:34 pm

Hi Gavin,
Its not dealing with a claim that is the problem, it is dealing with unpaid transactions on a claim while other line items are paid. Is there a way to rebill those unpaid line items without going into the transaction screen, finding the unpaid items, going back to the claims management screen and separating the claim, then reprinting those items? Is there a way that Medisoft allows you to rebill unpaid line items in a claim without having to go into each claim and splitting those unpaid specific line items?
thanks

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:09 am

I don't think it is legal to re-bill just an unpaid line item of a particular claim. Instead you have to void the entire previous claim and then re-bill everything as a new claim or separate claims.

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:39 am

No you can and if fact have to. The insurance company doesn't want to have to review items they already paid. If a line item is not paid because of an incorrect code billed for that procedure or DX pointer is off or the need office notes for that procedure or whatever, they only want that item rebilled. This happens all the time. They tell you right on the EOB to correct the claim and rebill for that line item.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:44 am

OK, then just edit the claim in claims management and go to the transaction tab and use the split claim button.

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 am

OK Thanks. Was hoping there was an easier way.