Exporting for our general ledger

Posts related Medisoft software.
spunon

Exporting for our general ledger

Post by spunon » Tue May 24, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi all, I have a question regarding reporting for our general ledger. Currently we move revenue and payment information over from the practice analysis, and hand key in our gl codes into a spreadsheet to upload into our general ledger. I'm looking to simplify this process by putting the individual gl codes (16 characters long, x-xxxx-xxxx-xx-x) into my individual procedure/payment/adjustment list items for the company. I am told by our support rep that the best place to put the gl string would be the "account" field, but it will only take 5 characters.

My hope is to be able to build an export that has the same procedure/payment/adj info as the practice analysis, but also has our gl code in it so we can just upload it to our gl software.

Is there another field that would work better? Is there a way to build custom fields? Am I totally off base?

Any help would be great, thanks!

Gavin Walker

Re: Exporting for our general ledger

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed May 25, 2016 10:09 am

Yeah, that is what the account code is for. It was designed to match up to Quickbooks account codes. Can you setup a cross reference between your GL account codes and account code? The account codes is supposed to go out when you click the Export -> QuickBooks button in the Deposit List. But, it doesn't look like the account code appears on the Practice Analysis despite what the help says.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

spunon

Re: Exporting for our general ledger

Post by spunon » Fri May 27, 2016 12:35 pm

I ended up doing exactly that and it will be a pain to maintain i'm sure :D