Attorney responsibility

Posts related Medisoft software.
EHCS

Attorney responsibility

Post by EHCS » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:40 pm

How do you show an attorney is responsible for a claim as well as have a patient get a statement each month. We bill for a couple of chiropractors and in the past we have entered a secondary insurance as "LIEN" so we know they are on a lien and also so we can track if an attorney has paid or not or if billing has been sent to them once the patient is done with treatment. But is there another way to make an attorney responsible besides listing them as a secondary or a guarantor so that we can send the patient a statement as well?? I guess I am just curious how this is typically handled.

Gavin Walker

Re: Attorney responsibility

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:39 pm

You can list the attorney as the guarantor like you are already doing.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:13 pm

yes well obviously, but in the transaction screen fields it has an attorney responsible field as well as an attorney paid field. I guess those fields don't mean anything then?? I assumed since those were field options that there was some way to assign it to an attorney specifically (not just as a guarantor) otherwise it wouldn't know how much the attorney paid...it would just show under the guarantor, plus if you list the attorney as the guarantor there is no way to send the patient a statement as well as have the attorney responsible when a patient is on a lien. It just seems weird medisoft would have those fields yet they are useless and have no purpose.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:33 pm

As best as I can tell, the attorney fields are there, but there is no way to use them. The best I can come up with is to setup the attorney as a guarantor and then setup "attorney" patient payment codes if you want the information split out on your Practice Analysis report.