Batch Changing Fields for Patient Country Code

Posts related Medisoft software.
Clio

Batch Changing Fields for Patient Country Code

Post by Clio » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Long story short, I have updated from an older version of Medisoft to Medisoft v20. Apparently "County Code" changed to "Country Code" and subsequently getting all my claims rejected due to invalid "country code". Is there a way to batch remove any data in the field "country code" within medisoft for each patient without having to change each patient's information? Thanks.

Gavin Walker

Re: Batch Changing Fields for Patient Country Code

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:25 pm

The country code should be US for United States of America on ANSI 5010 claims. Revenue Management I believe truncates these to US if you have USA entered. You can set the default on a new patient to be US or USA and I believe Medisoft Basic automatically defaults to USA. If you have existing data where the country code is not set, you can work with a Medisoft VAR who can write a SQL script to set these for you. We will set this for you for FREE if you enrolled under us for a clearinghouse we support. Otherwise, we can set this for your for a month of electronic claims support for $150. Private message me if you want us to do this for you.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386