Medisoft not automatically splitting EDI claims

Posts related Medisoft software.
cxz0808

Medisoft not automatically splitting EDI claims

Post by cxz0808 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:53 pm

I am having issues with limiting the number of transactions per EDI claim. I set a max amount for the individual insurance carriers when I submit the claims, Medisoft doesn't seem to be splitting them. I have the max number of transactions set to 4, so if I send in a claim with 16 transactions, I would expect medisoft to split it into 4 claims with 4 transactions each, but it doesn't do that. I am currently just manually splitting the claims, but that is really time-consuming. Any idea what I did wrong or how to fix this? Thank you, any help is appreciated.

Gavin Walker

Re: Medisoft not automatically splitting EDI claims

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:55 pm

I believe the default is 50 transactions per claim for professional claims. Where are you setting the limit and why do you want it to be so low?
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

cxz0808

Post by cxz0808 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:21 pm

Hi Gavin,
I wanted to set the limit to 4 is because when the transactions are processed, they are split up into 6 transactions per page. This becomes a problem because the insurance companies count the transaction on the following page as a separate visit even if the date of the claim is the same. So if I submit a claim for 2 days that has 4 transactions each (8 total transactions), there would be 6 on the first page, and 2 on the second page. Instead of counting that as 2 visits, the insurance companies would count it as 3 visits. The only solution I've been able to find for this was to split the claims up by day, but that has been extremely time-consuming.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:22 pm

In Claims Management, you can create your claims 1 day at a time. Just be careful not to forget generating claims for a day. You might follow up by generating claim with an open begin date just to make sure you have everything generated into claims.