statement management

Posts related Medisoft software.
dkennelly

statement management

Post by dkennelly » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:40 pm

I'm having trouble with only rebilling patient statements that are past due. If a patient has multiple remainder statements, for example if they did not pay the first one, and now they have another date of service, statement management creates a new statement with the new date of service and the old one showing as previous balance.
When I go to rebill statements that are older than 45 days, the previous one is getting rebilled. In the past, I was able to delete one of the statements and add the transactions to the most recent statement, however, the "add transaction" button is no longer in the edit statement window. I don't want to print out statements that are not past due yet!
Is there a setting that I have wrong? Or is this no longer available? I have V20 Advanced.

Thanks so much for your help!

Gavin Walker

Re: statement management

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:26 pm

Are you using Statement Management to print your statements or are you doing Patient Statements off the Reports menu?
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

dkennelly

Post by dkennelly » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:52 pm

I'm using statement management.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:52 pm

dkennelly

Post by dkennelly » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:27 am

I had both of them checked already.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:07 pm

Did you try using the selection option "Statements Older Than (Days)" and enter the number of days old that you want these to be?

dkennelly

Post by dkennelly » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:05 am

Yes, I check statements older than 45 days.
The scenario happens, for example, when a statement is created and sent for a patient in March. The patient does not pay the statement. Further transactions are then processed and another statement is created and sent out in April. This statement does show the previous balance. Then, when I'm sending out past due notices, say in May, I choose to print all statements older than 45 days.
Prior to this version of Medisoft, statements would not print if there was a later statement. Now, I'm getting the March statement printing out as old, but not the April statement. I tried to correct this by deleting one of the statements and adding the transactions to the other statement, but I do not have an "add transaction" button on the edit statement window.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:23 pm

OK, then run the statements from Reports -> Patient Statements and enter the appropriate date ranges. Enter a From date as far back as you want details to go.

dkennelly

Post by dkennelly » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:05 am

I can try that. Is there no longer a way to combine statements that have already been billed? Is there no longer an "add transaction" button on the edit screen for the statements?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Yes, but these rules must be followed in order for the button to appear:

There must be at least one transaction for the selected guarantor that is not connected to another statement.

The transaction must qualify for the statement type, either standard or remainder.

You cannot add unbilled transactions to a billed statement or billed transactions to an unbilled statement.

dkennelly

Post by dkennelly » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:38 am

All of those requirements were met. I had two statements, both remainder statements, for the same guarantor, both previously billed. I deleted one of the statements so I could add the transactions to the newer statement. After deleting the first statement, I went to the second one to edit it, and the "add transaction" button was not there. Before upgrading to V20, I used to do this all the time. Is it possible there is some glitch?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:57 pm

Run a Bill/Payment Status report and see what that shows.