Creating Batches for posting payments

Posts related Medisoft software.
izabellam

Creating Batches for posting payments

Post by izabellam » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi. I am new to Medisoft and this site. I have used both Centricity and Healthpro for posting of charges and payments and creating a \"Batch\" simplified followup on specific charges and payments. We still get paper checks at our practice - we are small, only 2 providers both Orthopods.

Is there any way to create a batch when posting payments? This would be especially helpful right now as I am unable to close my Medisoft due to a glitch in my system (Tech has not yet been able to resolve) - I get a fatal error when I completely close out. If I don't - payments from different dates still appear on my day sheet. I would also like to see the charges day sheet separate from the payments day sheet - with the same information on them as they currently are.
Izabella

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:32 am

Welcome to the forum, Izabella. If I understand your question correctly, you can enter a payment batch in Medisoft through Activities -> Enter Deposits/Payments. You must have Medisoft Advanced or Network Pro for this feature to work.

As far as the error when you close. I would start by uninstalling everything related to Medisoft, Advantage, Crystal, and Focus Reports. If you have old versions of Medisoft, uninstall all prior versions in the reverse order that they were installed in. Then, reinstall the latest service pack for your version of Medisoft.

If you are on Medisoft v15 Advanced or Network Pro or have Focus Reports, we have the ability to modify the patient day sheet for you. We charge $150/custom report.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

izabellam

batches

Post by izabellam » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:09 am

I already post payments through the shortcut, what I have been accustomed to doing is being able to perform a hard close at the end of a particular batch. There do not appear to be any hard closes in Medisoft. Also you can manually name a batch for tracking purposes.

Why should it be necessary to create a 'custom' report if all you want to do is separate your charge report from your payment report?
Izabella

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:30 pm

Medisoft is considered an open accounting system. While many consider this easier to use, if you need to do a periodic hard close, then you need to look for different software. (Lytec comes to mind.) You can configure security within Medisoft if you need to prevent certain users from deleting transactions.

You can name a payment batch by filling in whatever you want in the batch description. Be careful what you enter here. Some statements in Medisoft will print this description out.

When I refer to \"custom\" report, I simply mean creating a report template that does exactly what you want. While the reports that come with Medisoft work for most people, some require a custom report. If you purchase Medisoft Reports Pro, you can modify all the reports that come with Medisoft to create your own custom reports if you like.