Payment Application - Weird Issue!

Posts related Medisoft software.
drk

Payment Application - Weird Issue!

Post by drk » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:38 pm

We seem to have an issue applying the patient payments to the transactions on the same day.

We have a patient who paid $60. The Deposit List (money bag) correctly says he paid 10 and unapplied amount is 0 (line is grayed out as well). The Deposit Details for the line says UNapplied amount is $60.

On the transaction screen for this patient, it says UNapplied amount is $60 for this patient (in red), AND we are able to apply it towards a transaction on that day and the unapplied amount drops to 0, the red highlight disappears.

During the entire process, the deposit list stays at "unapplied amount" of $0. See the attached screen shot.

I am stumped why this is happening. Running Fix Payment References under MedUtils does not help.
Attachments
Deposits.PNG
Payment Screens
Deposits.PNG (103.93 KiB) Viewed 4608 times

Gavin Walker

Re: Payment Application - Weird Issue!

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Possibly the payment transaction was generated from another deposit record - maybe even a deposit record that was deleted?
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

drk

Post by drk » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:47 am

That's a thought, unfortunately these tables are not among those audited -- therefore, no timestamps. I will check with the receptionist to see if that might be the case.

It gets worse, the software allowed me to apply the $60 from the transactions to an actual claim line and the unapplied amount went to $0 here. However, nothing else changed in the deposit screens. And, I just discovered that on the Deposit screen for the patient, I can arbitrarily change the unapplied amount. I am so confused...

[attachment=0]Deposit-2.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Deposit-2.png
Deposit-2.png (34.88 KiB) Viewed 4594 times

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:55 pm

Yes, the Deposit list Unapplied Amount can be changed to whatever you want. Sometimes Medisoft gets off in its calculation of this field, or sometimes whoever is posting the EOB gets off and cannot figure out where they went wrong in their posting. So, if you are done with a Deposit List item, you can set to Unapplied Amount to zero to get it off your list. Now I didn't say this was a best practice, but it is an option.