when will medisoft and practice partner be windows 10 compatible

Posts related Medisoft software.
bethbee1313

when will medisoft and practice partner be windows 10 compatible

Post by bethbee1313 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi I am a currently taking a hybrid course for Medical Assistant Front and Back office and half of my assignments are done through Practice Partner and Medisoft .Somebody stole my laptop so I had to purchase a new one and unfortunately my local electronic store only carries pre-installed Windows 10 laptops no more windows 8. I work two part time jobs and I am a full time student I do not have the time to go to the library and do 12 hours of computer work a week. I really need to know when I will be able to install medisoft and or practice partner onto my windows 10 laptop. Or if anyone was had any luck with it yet I tried Practice Partner out and even took it to my school's computer technician and he told me that I would have to wait until McKesson makes both software compatible to windows 10. Please help.

Gavin Walker

Re: when will medisoft and practice partner be windows 10 compatible

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:37 pm

McKesson is in the process of certifying their products on Windows 10. Our initial testing shows Medisoft works with Windows 10, but I don't know of anyone using Medisoft and Windows 10 in a live environment. So, use Windows 10 at your own risk and be prepared to go back to Windows 7 or 8.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Hulty

Post by Hulty » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:38 am

Please be sure that you aware that Win10 sends a lot of data back to Microsoft and that you ensure proper privacy settings to maintain HIPPA security standards.

Example: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/does-win ... hoffenberg

Let’s look at the Windows 10’s new license agreement, which contains this nugget in its privacy policy. Microsoft says:

“We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary.”
Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/service ... fault.aspx
Medisoft Advanced V27

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:46 pm

You are referencing a Microsoft service agreement which is different than a Windows 10 EULA. I checked the Windows 10 EULA and I don't see anything to worry about. The base Windows does not provide email so you need to look at the third-party app or service EULA you are using for email. But, everyone should know email is not HIPAA compliant to begin with unless you are using an encrypted service of some sort.

bethbee1313

Post by bethbee1313 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:09 pm

yes it is only for student practice we don't use any actual patient info