MediSoft V5.66 How to export reports to txt, CSV, Excel?

Posts related Medisoft software.
omerneumeier

MediSoft V5.66 How to export reports to txt, CSV, Excel?

Post by omerneumeier » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Hi,
I am working with a computer that runs MediSoft V5.66 on Windows XP. I can't figure out how to export any of the reports or data to a txt, CSV, excel or data dump of any sort. The best I can seem to come up with is printing the reports out and using OCR software. Can anyone suggest a better way to extract the data to a more flexible format? Thanks

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:57 am

Version 5.66 sure goes back a long way. See if there is an ODBC driver on the Medisoft disk. If so, you can install that and use a program like Microsoft Access to export the data to .CSV.

You might also consider upgrading to the current version of Medisoft. Almost all of the grids within Medisoft now have a print grid function which can be exported to .CSV. Almost all of the reports now have an export to Excel function.

Next week are expecting version 15 to start shipping. With version 15 we are adding a module called Focus Reports on Medisoft Advanced or higher which includes a .CSV data export of almost all of the tables within Medisoft.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

omerneumeier

solution to exporting data from v5.66

Post by omerneumeier » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:02 pm

The only solution I was able to find was to get a software that lets me print directly to Adobe Reader (pdf format) and then to use the built in OCR to convert that to text and then import into Excel. I hope this post helps others on a similar mission!