Medisoft v20 and Windows 10

Posts related Medisoft software.
Hulty

Medisoft v20 and Windows 10

Post by Hulty » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:51 am

This week Microsoft has been rolling out invitations to Windows Windows 7 SP1/8.1 users to download Windows 10 available on 29 July 2015.

Prior to doing so, make sure that Medisoft v20 is compatible.

Has anyone experimented with the beta version of Windows 10 and Medisoft to check compatibility? There will be two different versions Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro.

If you have Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate or Windows 8.1 Pro already installed, the free upgrade should be Windows 10 Pro.

There is a list of features that will disappear in Windows 10. Take note:
Feature deprecation section

If you have Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, or Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center and you install Windows 10, Windows Media Center will be removed.
Watching DVDs requires separate playback software
Windows 7 desktop gadgets will be removed as part of installing Windows 10.
Windows 10 Home users will have updates from Windows Update automatically available. Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will have the ability to defer updates.
Solitaire, Minesweeper, and Hearts Games that come pre-installed on Windows 7 will be removed as part of installing the Windows 10 upgrade. Microsoft has released our version of Solitaire and Minesweeper called the “Microsoft Solitaire Collection” and “Microsoft Minesweeper.”
If you have a USB floppy drive, you will need to download the latest driver from Windows Update or from the manufacturer's website.
If you have Windows Live Essentials installed on your system, the OneDrive application is removed and replaced with the inbox version of OneDrive.
Medisoft Advanced V27

Hulty

Re: Medisoft v20 and Windows 10

Post by Hulty » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:57 am

Medisoft Advanced V27

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:23 pm

I haven't had time to give Windows 10 a try yet. Officially, no support from McKesson for Windows 10 yet. I would love to hear if anyone has given it a try.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

itjwfc

Post by itjwfc » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:06 am

I have been experimenting with V19 and Windows 10.
My system:Intel Atom 2.13 dual core, 3 GB Memory 300 GB HD. Windows 10 32 bit OS on x64 processor.
Domain Controller Server 2008 R2 Group Policy Forced Firewall - Open port for Domain only (no external IP's) (6262) IPv6 not assigned on DHCP Server.
Medisoft server /Advantage Database Server: Server 2003 with IPX (NWlink) protocols disabled. (no native support beyond xp)

Medisoft V19 SP1 (19.1.3.38) with all HotFixes. Updated Revenue Manager and editor

After the initial update to Windows 10 the process of opening Medisoft V19 lagged for about 2 minutes.
After running the group policy update (gpupdate /force) to force the domain firewall into effect the opening process is about 30 seconds.

I have completed the following processes on the Windows 10 machine:
-Claims via RCM.exe -File Maintenance -File Backup -Transaction Entry -RM Editor update -Security settings (users, passwords & access level) -Final Draft -Deposit List / Money Bag -Reports.exe and numerous others. This is not a complete testing of every area of the program, yet sufficient to continue to test the system out.

A couple of issues, if Microsoft Edge is open all Medisoft processes will become sluggish or hang. Medisoft will not load if Microsoft Edge is open. Once the process (Edge) is closed all Medisoft functions return to normal. The same behavior occurs with Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Lightroom, Acrobat DC, Illistrator, etc. Most practices don't have these programs so it is probably a non issue.
Google Chrome V44.0.2403.130 does not interfere with Medisoft loading.

I will continue to test and update if needed.