Statement question

Posts related Medisoft software.
drk

Statement question

Post by drk » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:07 pm

I have a patient who had a claim denied for referral. After getting referral, all the payable amounts are going to the deductible.

I have deleted all the original referral denials, so the only transactions in the chart now are the billed/allowed/adjustment/pr1 amounts. The tiny box on top of the patient screen shows this person owes $234.00, which I can manually check is correct. However, when I do a F11 for quick balance I am getting a 0; the statements are also not printing because medisoft thinks he has zero balance. The quick ledger has three lines for each claim line, paid 0; adjustment XX; PR1 deductible YY -- The YY's all add up to the amount above, so the balance is correct -- but statements say he has 0 balance. :(

There seem to be no "Complete" entries -- There are no checks in any boxes on the F4 (payment application) grid either.

I am pulling out what little hair I have left. What am I missing? Please help!

Andrew

Re: Statement question

Post by Andrew » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Make sure to do an update all on all the cases for that patient. Where the account balance is click on the balance to refresh it as well. Go through each case and add up the charges and payments to see exactly where they end up. They may owe on that case but overpaid on another case so there is not a balance. This is where I would start.
Andrew Analla
Support Team
MedTech Medical Management Systems
3058 S Delaware Ave
Springfield, MO 65804
Ph: 417.890.6777 | Fax: 417.890.6788