version 14 service pack 3

Posts related Medisoft software.
bjrbma

version 14 service pack 3

Post by bjrbma » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:47 am

Does anyone know if there are any problems with service pack 3?
Barbara Richer

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:28 am

At this time, the highest release of Medisoft is v14 sp1. (Maybe you were referring to v11 sp3?)

Here are the main issues with v14 sp1 we are seeing:
:( --VISTA USERS--At this time, Office Hours or Office Hours Pro cannot be used with Medisoft V14 SP1. A fix for this issue is being developed and will be posted shortly.

Recommendation: if you have Windows Vista and are using Office Hours, do not upgrade to v14 sp1. If you are affected by this issue, contact us, we have a solution for this. Our solution is not officially supported by Medisoft, so we will need to take out a support agreement for this.

:? Statements sometimes print \"Continued\" instead of the total amount due. As you can imagine, this can cause a lot of problems. We are reviewing all of our statements before sending them out and hand writing the total amount due where necessary. Medisoft is working on a hot fix and we are signed up to be a beta site. We'll let you know as soon as we learn more.

Recomendation: if you print patient statements, do not upgrade to v14 sp1. We can only offer the above workaround as a solution for now.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:18 am

I forgot one more thing:

:x Don't install Medisoft v14 sp1 if you have Medisoft Basic. If you do, you will no longer be able to edit your grid settings which among other things, you won't be able to add a second modifier to your transaction entry window.

ivanaknudson

V14 upgrade to V15

Post by ivanaknudson » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:28 pm

Gavin,

#1 How will the situation change in case of upgrading to V15 from V14? I qualify for free Medisoft Basic V15upgrade( at least according to your post). Can I avoid all those problems mentioned in your post above by getting V15 upgrade? I am on V14 Medisoft Basic and so far I haven't had any problems (unfortunately the one with modifiers). Wouldn't mind getting v15 upgrade if beneficial.

#2 I installed/upgraded from v11 to V14 both my computers- only laptop has Vista. I didn't have any problems with registration or upgrade on any of them. Now, I am working, or I am planning on using both computers- as soon as I resolve my problem. I use external hard drive as a data back up- there is saved over 2 years of my work. For some reason I am having problem getting those saved data to my laptop. I don't know why I can not transfer it- so unfortunately I am not able to work on my laptop.. I was trying to figure it out, but no success . Any advise?

Thank you,

Ivana

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:52 am

Hi Ivana, let me see if I can answer your questions:

#1 If you plan on upgrading to v15, then I recommend ordering that upgrade before 3/25/09 to capture the promotional early release pricing and then you can skip v14 sp2. If you are going to stick with version 14 then I would install v14 sp2 to fix the issue where you can't customize grids. For example you can't enter more than one modifier on the transaction because you can't customize the charge entry grid in transaction entry. You had purchased a Medisoft Basic upgrade so you are not eligible for a free version 15 price protected upgrade. Instead you are eligible to upgrade to Medisoft Basic v15 for $66 if you order it before 3/26/09. If you do the math, it works out about the same as if you had purchased a New v14 Basic and got the free price protected upgrade to v15. For you Basic users, there is not much in version 15, unless you want to remain current on your software. Paying $66 every year during the promotion is cheaper than paying $300 every three years.

#2 It sounds like you are doing the steps properly. From one machine you will select File -> Backup Data -> Find and select a location on your external hard drive. Click Start Backup. Notice the file name that Medisoft generates, it should be mw<todays>.mbk. Next plug the external hard drive into the other computer (note it may be a different drive letter when you plug it in on the other machine). Select File -> Restore Data -> Ok -> Find and browse to the same folder where you stored the backup on the first machine. You should then see the backup file generated from the first machine. Click on the backup file to select it and then click Start Restore.