product installation

Posts related Medisoft software.
louiskerr

product installation

Post by louiskerr » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:51 pm

Hello Mr. Walker, my question and concerns to you are that I had some challenges getting through your system to install the version 20 that I purchased from your company. Perhaps Amber could fill you in on that, by the way she's very polite and helpful. I deleted the version 19 however saved a copy of my metadata. I had never put any information into the actual meta-soft program due to concerns of the data being corrupted as there were many glitches in the office hours program. My hopes were that the version 20 would be stable and would allow me to have the confidence necessary to put it into practice here at the office, in the meanwhile I have been using a billing service.
I had contacted med tech several times to get help as your email stated you find to be important.
" Please allow me to make an important distinction that can sometimes get confusing. If you did not pay for additional installation service of your V20, with support with purchase, our support team will help you install your own Medisoft, but they will not do it for you. If you did purchase installation service, we will be contacting you. Don’t hesitate to take us up on your two months of courtesy support. It is important to us to help you get your Medisoft up and running. I appreciate the opportunity to serve you and wish your business the best!"
To give you the short version I never received the installation manual. Then I was told that I had received the program that didn't have the installation manual. Then I was told that the installation manual had been e-mailed to me when in fact it was the users manual, which I already have a hard copy of. So then I had the installation manual e-mailed to me and printed it out. I read the installation manual and got to the part where it said after installing you can upgrade, "converting data" on page 17. I looked for this information as it is written in the installation manual however my program does not contain the "McKesson MSL mobile API server". I called back to med tech and Andrew answered the phone at which time I gave him an update as to where I was at on this process hoping that I could get some "help" as all I wanted to do was get all of my people from the old office hours and the schedule over to the new office hours. I informed him of the absence of the file noted in converting data, and he said he was unfamiliar with the installation manual. Really, this is your technical guy who's unfamiliar with your installation manual.
So, I'm writing you to ask you if you know the placement of the file that contains my office hours data so that I can "converted" or simply take it from my metadata file that I saved on my desktop and transfer it over to the new version 20. My other option is to reload all of my people onto the computer and the guess as to what my schedule is supposed to be for the next two or three weeks of the people that I had on my schedule, for I did not make a paper copy of my schedule as I was going to get "help" to simply move my office hours information from the version 19 over to the version 20.
I do realize it's only $450 to have you guys do it all. However I thought that since I was going to get a little help and am not a complete idiot it shouldn't be a problem switching the office hours data over to the new version. Becoming a little frustrated
Your thoughts?

Gavin Walker

Re: product installation

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:28 am

Hi Dr. Kerr, there are 2 ways to go about doing this. If you are upgrading to v20 on the current computer that you are running Medisoft v19, then install Medisoft Advanced on that computer and the next time you start up Medisoft, your data will auto-convert.

If you are installing Medisoft v20 on a new computer, then install the Medisoft v20 on that computer only (do not install Medisoft v19). Create a new practice in Medisoft v20 when you start it up with the name of your practice and make the folder name - Kerr. Run a backup of your Medisoft from the v19 computer and then restore that data into the blank new practice you create on the v20 computer. Your data will auto-convert after you do the restore.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

louiskerr

Post by louiskerr » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:35 am

Thanks for your reply. I attempted the first scenario as it was the case and this did nothing. What if I replace the NEW medidata folder in ver. 20 with the ver. 19 that I saved?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:44 pm

That should work. Simply installing Medisoft should not have deleted or created a new Medidata. It should have left your old Medidata there intact and used it. Exit Medisoft and then rename the Medidata folder (v20 one that was just created) to MedidataBackup. Then copy your backup Medidata folder to where your Medidata v20 folder is. When you start up Medisoft, your data should auto-convert.

louiskerr

Post by louiskerr » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:31 pm

:mrgreen: Thank You, it worked! :idea: :shock:

drk

Post by drk » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:35 am

I have not been brave as louiskerr above. :) For the Network Pro version, do you upgrade the server installation first and then all the client installations?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:43 am

You just need to upgrade the clients (all of them).