How to recreate a missing statement

Posts related Medisoft software.
drk

How to recreate a missing statement

Post by drk » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:07 pm

I deleted a statement and want to recreate it, but Medisoft refuses to do it, even though I got the warning that "the transactions on that statement would be released..." The partially paid transactions are still there, transactions screen tells me that there is a patient balance, but I cannot create a standard or a remainder statement, I keep getting "No new statements were created."

Cleaning up the data through file utils (rebuild all indexes, recalculate all balances) did not help.

Any ideas on how I can get around this and the remainder statement to show up in my list?

drk

Re: How to recreate a missing statement

Post by drk » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:10 pm

I should also add that the "Exclude done" box is unchecked under "List Only..." selection screen.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:49 pm

The usual culprit is ALL prior insurance of ALL charges on a claim must have paid and be marked complete. Sometimes insurance may have been added or payments deleted or un-applied after the statement was already created. Also, one charge on a claim can hold up all the other charges on the claim.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

drk

Post by drk » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:12 pm

Thanks, that worked. I had to go backwards from the depost - find the application of payments and mark the transactions complete. They were unchecked, as you suspected.

Related question -- Why does it take forever to update the billing status after a single statement has been printed?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:10 pm

Good question. Apparently, Medisoft is doing a lot of things under the covers during the update Bill Status step. Turning off Claim Notes in program options can help some. Audit settings can affect this as well.