NPI workaround

Posts related Medisoft software.
Dgray

NPI workaround

Post by Dgray » Wed May 23, 2007 10:36 am

Question concerning the workaround Per-Se gave me. They said to put the NPI number in EMC notes under Diagnosis Tab. They gave different situations ie Purchased Service Provider- NPIPURC then NPI number, Referring Provider- NPIRef then NPI number. I have a pediatrician. What should I put? Is it just NPI and the number? The other question is what is a Purchased Service Provider?

TIA
Debra Gray
3D Medical Billing Inc.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed May 23, 2007 4:09 pm

Hi Debra!

Under normal circumstances you would put the referring provider NPI if there was a referral that needs to be included on the claim.

Purchased Service NPI is required if the claim involves purchased services such as a diagnostic exam obtained from a third party.

I am glad Per-Se is giving a work around. It is my understanding that you will have to upgrade your Medisoft if you continue to use their clearinghouse. Also, if you are using the Stratus Module, then you will need to switch to the Phoenix Module by 12/31/2007.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Dgray

NPI workaround

Post by Dgray » Thu May 24, 2007 7:04 am

So you are saying that I just have to put our NPI number in the EMC notes. Thanks for the information
Debra Gray
3D Medical Billing Inc.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu May 24, 2007 8:49 am

You must key it in exactly as instructed by Per-Se.

Either your instructions above are wrong, or the instructions at the Medisoft website are wrong. It is my understanding that you must be on version 11 to send NPIs through Stratus. I would be curious to learn if this solution works on older versions of Medisoft.

Click here for the article on Medisoft's website Entering NPI Information for Medisoft Stratus Customers <the link is not valid anymore, so I removed it.>

Dgray

NPI workaround

Post by Dgray » Thu May 24, 2007 9:25 am

Gavin,
This was the response that I received from Per-se with versions 8-10. I also received an online training session. My problem is that the instructions were not clear. I tried to contact Per-Se but the wait was toooooo long. I will try again today.
Debra Gray
3D Medical Billing Inc.