Report of denied claims?

Posts related Medisoft software.
drk

Report of denied claims?

Post by drk » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:50 pm

We have bulk posted to Medisoft 19, a couple of months worth of 835's; We are at a loss to figure out which claims were denied, eg., for referrals, no coverage etc.

Is there any way to report the denials (either the whole claim or a claim line)? I would like to correct & resubmit or appeal them before it is too late!

Gavin Walker

Re: Report of denied claims?

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:52 am

If you are posting these with Revenue Management, then there is an option to set the primary or secondary claim status. So if Revenue Management was setup to set the status to Rejected, then you can go into Claim Management and sort by the Status 1 or 2 column to see the rejected claims. Also, the note on the claim should contain the rejection reason.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

drk

Re: Report of denied claims?

Post by drk » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:43 am

Yup, the claim management has a small page sign on the left that indicates something not normal -- however, most claims I checked did not have a reason for denial/rejection -- the comments box only had two identical ICNs one below the other -- This does not seem to indicate a duplicate, as many "done" claims have two ICNs in the comments as well.

In any case, this at least gives me a way to go through a significantly smaller list. Thanks.