Medisoft printing wrong referring provider PIN in box 17a

Posts related Medisoft software.
Gavin Walker

Medisoft printing wrong referring provider PIN in box 17a

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:04 am

I just ran into this issue on version 12 sp2. I haven't tried other versions of Medisoft yet. If you blank out your PIN number from the referring provider PINS grid, Medisoft pulls another provider/insurance combination from the PINs grid. This can cause Medisoft to print a PIN for totally the wrong insurance or provider.

The work around is to go into the PINS grid for the referring provider and insurance that you want and save a blank space for both the PIN and qualifier.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

ABChiro

Re: Medisoft printing wrong referring provider PIN in box 17

Post by ABChiro » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 pm

Hello! I am having a very similar issue. But instead of box 17 my issue is with the rendering providers NPI. We added a new provider to our clinic recently and trying to file electronic claims under her, in the same practice as the original provider. I've tried going in the patient information and changing out the assinged provider, then enter the transaction with her as the provider but when it gets sent to billing the wrong NPI and billing name pops up! Do you know what could possibly be causing this? I read the above post and I am not sure if that is my problem or not. I a have noticed that nothing populates on her PINs grid or qualifiers list. I can't figure out what i have to do to get it to work properly! HELP!!!

bel915

Post by bel915 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:02 pm

hi ABChiro!

I had the same exact issue a few months ago, the solution to this could be two things.

A) you need to go to the proviers list, click on the new doc added, then click under provider's ID's and choose the option of group on "File Claim As" ..... that is of course if you are billing as a group. If not, then leave as is.
B) when you are in the claim management and are about to create the claims for this doc, press the Create Claims button and a window will pop up and on the bottom of that window choose the option "attending" on the provider choice, then press create.

Hopefully this helps resolve your issue :)

Sorry Gavin.... didnt mean to step on your shoes... just happy that you helped me resolve my issues and wanted to pass on the info someone else with same problem. :)

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 pm

No problem. I would prefer more user to user help around here. :D
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

ABChiro

Post by ABChiro » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi! Thank you for the response! But I tried that and it didn't work. :( I even tried inactivated the first provider to see if that would make the claims default to the second provider. But no luck there either. Any other ideas?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:58 am

Are you have trouble with box 17a? What do you mean by first and second provider?

ABChiro

Post by ABChiro » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:29 am

I'm sorry for the confusion. Is what I mean by first and second provider is that, we had provider "A" in the system first (3years ago). Then (this year) we added the second provider to our clinic, provioder "B", both of which are independent providers. If provider B treats any of provider A's patients, provider A's NPI is defaulting into BOX 17a (where the rendering providers ID is usually populated. Does that clear up the confusion?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:39 am

Well box 17 is the referring provider. So maybe you also need to setup a referring provider record for the new provider and then assign this referring provider to the case -> Accounts tab -> Referring provider.

LMSIACH

Post by LMSIACH » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Gavin, we are having the same issue. Sometime around Mid December these claims started printing with the Assigned provider regardless of who the attending was, has there been a solution since this post started?

We have deleted the assigned provider and changed it to the attending and the claims still come out with the original assigned provider. There is some sort of default issue. It seems it has been since the 5010 claims started. We have tried technichal support and they tell us to look at our set ups. We have not had any new updates and have not changed our set ups. What is going on?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:53 pm

This thread is regarding box 17. Is that where you are having your problem?