Is the Medisoft server supposed to take up a license?

Posts related Medisoft software.
fgjruiz

Is the Medisoft server supposed to take up a license?

Post by fgjruiz » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:02 am

Here's our background:

I'm the new IT admin at an office that was upgraded from Medisoft Network Professional v17sp1 to v19 last month. The Advantage server is running on a Windows 2003 Server.

I had been told that we had two concurrent user licenses and I believed it since when I installed a third client for an occasional user I got the Advantage 7003 error that we reached the maximum number of users.

Well I went into the Advantage Configuration Utility on the server and I see that we are licensed for three users not two. It seems that the server is taking up a license at all times. If I proceed to run Medisoft from the server it doesn't take up a license.

So my questions are these:
If I uninstall Medisoft and leave the Advantage server will I mess up the install?
Will this free up the license?
Is there a way to see what is using up that phantom license?

I've run process explorer on the server and I don't see any open programs from the Medisoft installation...only the Advantage server components.

Any advice or insights would be appreciated.

Thank you

-Frank Ruiz

Gavin Walker

Re: Is the Medisoft server supposed to take up a license?

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:08 am

There is a new feature called Medisoft Mobile that gets installed automatically. If you do not want to use the iPad or iPhone to view schedules or enter charges, then you can disable McKesson MSL Mobile API Server through Windows Services and that will free up one Medisoft user.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386