Now Available: Medisoft v19 SP1 Hotfix 1

Posts related Medisoft software.
Gavin Walker

Now Available: Medisoft v19 SP1 Hotfix 1

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:35 am

The following issues were recently reported for Medisoft v19 SP1:
  • Audit trigger errors appearing during conversion of practice data
    Slowness in Transaction Entry and Claims creation
    The message “You must close the pop-up window” appears when trying to close the Transaction Entry screen
    Reports printing slowly
    ICD-9 codes incorrectly populating the ICD-10 code field in the Diagnosis Entry screen during conversion from releases prior to Medisoft v19
    Users receiving floating pointer errors during printing and during conversion
    Medisoft v19 SP1 Hotfix 1 will address the issues above.
Download Link: http://www.medisoft.com/Medisoft_Downlo ... otfix1.exe
MD5 Checksum: 13588b348dbf534545df1304887826f7

After clicking the Medisoft19SP1Hotfix1.exe link, please follow the onscreen instructions.

To view the Release Notes, click here
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Gavin Walker

(New) Updated — Medisoft v19 SP1 Hotfix 1

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed May 07, 2014 10:26 am

The Medisoft v19 SP1 Hotfix 1 download executable has been updated. The updated executable at the link above now contains the fix for invalid floating point errors that were received while attempting to print claims.

Check your Medisoft version to tell if you have the latest hotfix 1 build:

It should be v19.1.3.38.

Hulty

Re: Now Available: Medisoft v19 SP1 Hotfix 1

Post by Hulty » Wed May 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Questions:

1) It states that you must install Advantage Data Architect. Is that for Medisoft Advanced or Medisoft Network or both?
Prior to installing, you must have Advantage Data Architect installed. For steps to install
this application, see “Installing Advantage Data Architect” on page 10
2) If you have not previously installed the v19 SP1 update for pre-installed v19, will this hotfix version include the full upgrade or is just for those selected errors? Must you first install the v19 SP1 and then the v19 SP1 hotfix ?, confused.
Medisoft Advanced V27

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed May 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Advantage Data Architect applies equally to Basic, Advanced, or Network Pro. Out of all of our Medisoft v19 upgrades, we have yet to encounter a case where we need to do the procedure outlined in the hot fix documentation for the triggers. I believe the situation can occur if you had a previous failed Medisoft upgrade conversion going to a prior version of Medisoft between versions 11 and 17. We have done hundreds of Medisoft v19 upgrades by now. Therefore, I think you are pretty safe to skip that step.

Medisoft v19 sp1 hotfix 1 requires that Medisoft v19 sp1 be installed first.

Hulty

Post by Hulty » Fri May 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Thanks for the reply. We did the upgrade without any trouble.

This is the upgrade path we used. We did not need to install the Advantage Architect utility as outlined in the upgrade FAQ.

Medisoft v19
|
V
Medisoft v19 SP1
|
V
Medisoft v19 SP1 Hotfix
Medisoft Advanced V27

Paul Williams

Post by Paul Williams » Tue May 13, 2014 9:48 am

Gavin, I posted the following in the 2sai forum and am wondering if you look at some of your mature databases if you'll find the following issues, such as 100's of dupes in the repJoin file?

Each time we apply a new Medisoft version, service pack or hotfix, upon first-run users are presented with a dialog stating that report names already exist, certain choices will cause the creation of duplicate reports with a sequence number appended to the report name. Like:
Daily Deposit Summary
Daily Deposit Summary (1)
Daily Deposit Summary (2)
Daily Deposit Summary (3)
The first time I looked at the repItem table it had about 20 reports that had suffixes going as high as (32).
Running these two queries cut the table from 900 rows down to about 340:
DELETE FROM RepItem WHERE [Name] Like '%(_)';
DELETE FROM RepItem WHERE [Name] Like '%(__)';
Those queries assume you have not created any custom reports of your own that have names ending with a 1 or 2 character string between parentheses. I run them after every version or SP upgrade.

Some bug in Medisoft causes duplicate entries to be created in the repJoin table. The first time I looked at this table there were a few rows duplicated 2 or 3 times and the last row (the MWTNT-MWTRN join) was duplicated nearly 500 times. This SQL fixes it, but also deletes the table for a moment, so you could backup the table first if you feel nervous.
SELECT DISTINCT * INTO #tmptable FROM repJoin;
DELETE FROM repJoin;
INSERT INTO repJoin SELECT * FROM #tmptable;
DROP TABLE #tmptable;
Within a day or two dupes will start to appear again. I run that query maybe every 3 months to keep the table size reasonable.

PS - Using Data Architect's New Connection Wizard to "Create a connection to a directory of existing tables" and pointing it at \Medidata\ReportDefs makes accessing the report tables a piece of cake.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue May 13, 2014 10:26 am

Yes, the hot fix above fixes that, but you have to install the fix on every workstation, or the problem will keep coming back.

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Thu May 29, 2014 3:50 pm

We installed the Sp1 and now our encoder pro doesn't work. On one of the laptops it doesn't work at all as gets a registry error and the other laptop it works fine with procedure codes, but will not open for diagnosis codes and just gives an EAccess violation error. Any idea's ?????? i'm a bit frustrated. I have uninstalled and re-installed it twice on both laptops with no change.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu May 29, 2014 4:03 pm

Try running Medisoft "AS ADMINISTRATOR" one time and go into Encoder Pro.

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:53 am

No luck....any ideas? I uninstalled and reinstalled medisoft...restarted reinstalled medisoft and the software hotfix and update and still the same errors with encoder pro. Not sure where to go from here. We are getting a new server... I will put up with it until we get the stand alone server, and then see what happens after we redo it all. right now we use my laptop as the server as well.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Try running Medisoft in XP sp3 compatibility mode.

tsc215

Post by tsc215 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:48 pm

We have been using Medisoft v19SP1 Network Professional for a year or so. For the last 6-7 months, it is running on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with 8GB of RAM. It has started running really slow on client machines. All other applications/ programs run usually fast on client & server. We tried various things, including shutting down chrome, turning off virus protection etc but it is still slow. Trying to install hotfix1. Installed on client machine but on server machine, it says that 'Medisoft Program directory can not be found' and hotfix1 does not install. Any pointers on 1) Why medisoft running so slow & 2) Why unable to install hotfix1 on server machine.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:33 am

Try uninstalling all Medisoft from the server machine in the reverse order that it was installed in. Select the Rollback option if given the prompt. Once you get it all off, then re-install just Medisoft v19 sp1 and then the hot fix.