Medisoft v19 SP1 is Generally Available

Posts related Medisoft software.
Gavin Walker

Medisoft v19 SP1 is Generally Available

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:27 pm

Medisoft v19 SP1 is generally available as of today, Friday, February 28. Medisoft v19 SP1 includes feature enhancements in the following areas:
  • Feature enhancements
    Medisoft Clincal Server and Client
    Encoder Pro
    Insurance Carrier Screen
    Diagnosis Codes
    McKesson Practice Interface Centerâ„¢ 2.1

Improved Usability
    Resolved Issues
Important Upgrade/Compatibility News
MPIC v2.1 is required when upgrading the Medisoft Clinical server to Practice Partner v11.0®.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Dan

Re: Medisoft v19 SP1 is Generally Available

Post by Dan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:43 pm

Please let us know if there are any problems with the service pack.

Thank you.

Dan Bergman
Med North Inc.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:46 am

So good so far, but it might not fix the slow reports issue that it was supposed to. We are researching this.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:24 pm

We discovered that if you have multiple Medidata root folders, then Medisoft v19 sp1 only installs a necessary change to the ReportDefs folder once. There are a couple of files that need to be manually copied if you run into this situation.

Dan

Post by Dan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:14 pm

We resolved the super slow report problem. Actually, every function in the program was slow. It took an all nighter, a large family size pizza, an excellent IT person, and testing every conceivable installation scenario and much more, but it now works.

When we installed a new version 19 on our physical server, instead of the previous location on a virtual server, it ran perfectly. John, our IT person, took an educated guess that something was wrong in the reports folder and replaced the reports folder in the slow Medisoft program on the virtual server, with the new one from the physical server. It worked perfectly, no speed issues.

More investigation by John over the last few days found the following: Apparently, the table.def file grows, and grows, every day without stopping as you use Medisoft. I imagine it will stop working altogether given enough time. It will keep getting slower as time goes on. Someone forgot some clean up code.

The process was accelerated in our case because we have 50 + practices we bill for. There could be more bugs also other than that one, but that is the elephant sitting on the program. This problem was particularly insidious because it is not apparent until a much later date, long after you have the option to revert to an earlier version.

John is now replacing the table.def file daily. He is going to write a batch file to do it automatically until/if Medisoft resolves the problem.

I hope this can help others that are at their wits end with this version. Be careful if you use this solution. Save you old file in case something goes wrong. Back up everything before fooling with it. It is not an official fix, but it is working so far. Better than sp1 apparently.

It is a good thing we have people here that do not give up easily, and go the extra mile. This problem was a real serious issue for us. Now we are back in the saddle again.

Your welcome, McKesson.

Dan

Med North Inc.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:24 am

Dan, you may be on to something. I will follow up with McKesson.

I examined three of our live datasets and there are hundreds of duplicate entries for MWTNT - Transaction Note Table in RepTable.ADT.

I am not sure what causes this, but it is a little more than simply launching Medisoft and running the Patient Day Sheet.

We have also applied the manual patch that was supposed to be part of Medisoft v19 sp1. There is a drop in replacement for FRInit.dll and also repField.adt and refField.adi need to be replaced. I will email this fix with instructions directly to you.

With the manual patch in place, it possibly fixes the issue that you are reporting.

If you get a chance to apply the manual patch I am sending you, report back if it also fixed the issue you discovered.

Dan

Post by Dan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:49 pm

Hello Gavin.

We will probably install the patch this coming weekend. We might also install sp1 since there does not seem to be any problem with it.

I will post the results when we know.

Dan
Med North Inc.