computer crashed, now asking for re-registration

Posts related Medisoft software.
Philip Hatrak

computer crashed, now asking for re-registration

Post by Philip Hatrak » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:11 pm

I had installed medisoft V 19 on my computer but haven't used it much because of the transition to the new office. In the meantime my computer crashed and we had to reset the mother board. I had to reinstall all my programs including medisoft on the computer again. When I went in to use medisoft, it was making me register again. When I tried to do so, it said that the software is already registered. I have not even used the software yet. Please help with this issue. Thank you.

Gavin Walker

Re: computer crashed, now asking for re-registration

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:04 am

Yes, the software must be registered with the exact same Practice Name, Practice Address, version #, serial, and registration code that it was registered with before. If you don't have the Registration Code, and Medisoft should get the registration code from the Internet automatically. You said you moved, so try entering your old address.

Sometimes the registration doesn't work within Medisoft for whatever reason. In this case, browse to http://www.medisoft.com in Internet Explorer and click Product Registration. Once you have the registration code, key it into Medisoft by selecting the option that you have the registration code.

Once you have it registered, save a printout and store it with your software so you can simply re-key the information if necessary.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Philip Hatrak

Post by Philip Hatrak » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:28 pm

I tried both and it still would not let me register the product. I used the same exact information that I used when I first registered it. I didn't move, our computer crashed. I had to send it away to get the system redone. I know that I had two months of support but I feel as if this issue should not be charged to be fixed. It seems like it is a medisoft issue. Is there any other things I can try. I am not paying the money for the support when I haven't even been able use the software yet.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:47 pm

You bought version 18 with a 1-version upgrade to version 19. Which disk did you install v18 or v19? Which version of Medisoft did you have installed on your old computer? Which serial # are you entering? It all has to match, serial, version, name, etc.

Philip Hatrak

Post by Philip Hatrak » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:53 am

No I just bought version 19. When I originally bought the disk and installed it I printed off the paper after registration. I am using the same EXACT information that was originally registered. I never bought V18 with an upgrade. I waited for 19 to come out then purchased. I am entering the serial number on the back of the disk.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Confirm the version number and serial on your disk versus the version number and serial # on the printout.

If you have the printout, select the option "I already have a registration code" when you get to that step.

Then key in the registration code from the printout. If everything you have typed in matches the printout, including the version number, then the software will register.

Another possibility is you could have installed Medisoft Advanced instead of just Medisoft Patient Accounting. You bought Medisoft Basic. If this happened, then you will need to uninstall Medisoft Advanced and then re-install Medisoft Basic. Make sure you just pick Patient Accounting (not Demo, Advanced, or Network Pro.)

Philip Hatrak

Post by Philip Hatrak » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Yes the version is the same. I uninstalled and re-installed the software and checked to make sure it was the correct accounting one. It still brings me to the screen that says registered and to print off the page again but after that it says NOT REGISTERED and wont let me in.