v19 & cmsfile.exe

Posts related Medisoft software.
EHCS

v19 & cmsfile.exe

Post by EHCS » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:43 pm

We currently use emdeon for our clearing house and we have never gotten revenue manager set up any farther than just posting 835's. We send our claims using cmsfile.exe (not cms11.exe). we send claims through claims manager and drop them to a cmsfile.exe file.....we are currently on v17 and will be upgrading to v19 and were told that droping them to a cmsfile.exe will no longer be possible. Is this correct? If so, what is the work around. We will be switching our clearing house in the near future and hopefully getting rev manager up and running on v19 but until then will we be able to send our claims as usual with the cmsfile.exe receiver or is there a work around? We can't go for days without sending claims.

EHCS

Re: v19 & cmsfile.exe

Post by EHCS » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:13 pm

One more question.....we run two computers with v17 network pro. I upgraded the advantage database, but haven't dared upgrade to the v19 yet because I'm afraid we won't be able to send claims. If I upgrade one of the computers to v19 wi11 the other computer still be able to run v17 in case there are any issues.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:17 am

Let me know if you have had any issues running Medisoft v17 with Advantage v11.1. We have had trouble with Medisoft v18 and Advantage v11.1.

CMSFILE will not be updated for the new CMS-1500 claim form or ICD-10 codes. It is recommended you switch to Revenue Management. We haven't run into a clearinghouse yet that Rev. Mgmt. won't work with. In addition, there is a bug in CMSFILE on Medisoft v19. If you setup ICD-10 in Medisoft, CMSFILE will stop putting any diagnosis codes in the file including ICD-9s.

You will find the remittance file posting will also work better if you generate the claims from Rev. Mgmt.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 am

by the time the new cms claim form is in play...we will have switched clearing houses to relay health. We are actually in the process now of switching so everything can be smooth and integrated. The problem is it will be a few weeks before we are set up and we don't know how to get revenue manager up and running and how it ingrates with emdeon and it really isn't worth paying someone to do that when we won't be using them any longer and they will be setting it up for us for the new clearing house. Will the cmsfile.exe work at all? We only need it for a few more weeks (hopefully).

If we install v19 on one of the computers to play around with it to see what will work, will v17 still work on the other computer? We currently have v17 running with the new adv. server and everything is running ok, but we do not use revenue manager for claims so if there are any glitches there I wouldn't know.

My issue is I upgrade V17 to the new v17.3 release on my computer and for some reason now it says revenuemanager.exe can't be found. So I am anxious to get v19 installed to see if it fixes my problems.....however if we can't send claims our old way then it probably isn't worth installing now. the other computer is working fine because I didn't do the v17.3 update.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:07 pm

I suggest holding off the v19 until you are switched to RelayHealth. We are having problems with CMSFILE and v19.

Try this, disable your virus scans in \Medisoft\Bin and \Medidata and reinstall Medisoft v17 sp3.3 and do a check for updates in Revenue Management program group. Make sure the program file name is spelled correctly.

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:58 pm

bummer, I was excited to install the new version, but I will wait. thanks for your help

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:58 pm

I just thought I would sent a quick update. I bit the bullet and installed V19 on one of my computers and registered it as well as upgraded the rev manager files. I thought you (or someone would be interested to know) that v17 still worked on the other computer (we have net pro) just fine and the cmsfile.exe worked perfect to create claim files (the old way) on both v17 and v19, as well as my older version of encoder pro was already installed and worked with the new v19 (im still waiting for them to deliver the new encoder pro). Because of this I went ahead and installed v19 on the other computer. I was told (by someone else) that the older ver of encoder pro wouldn't work. I did have to tweak my registery to move my rev manager files to a different spot (but that was only because I was stupid and put them in the wrong place to begin with a long time ago,).

We are running on a dell precision windows 7 pro 64 bit system with a i7-3820qm and the other computer has the same op system with a i7-2960xm processor (if that matters). The only thing I am REALLY annoyed at is that my i7-3820qm system (which is only 3 months newer than the other one) still has a problem with the words running together and no words are on any tabs and I cant get to the billflash set up tab in program settings...it appears to be a resolution issue that I can't fix and ver19 didn't remedy it. It makes me CRAZY! i've inquired about it before, but if you have come up with a resolution that doesn't involve me wiping out my computer I would love to know.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:16 am

It is not recommended to run two versions of Medisoft out of the same database. Even if it appears to be working, you are asking for data corruption issues. Do not setup your ICD-10 codes, or you may find CMSFile.exe will quit including ICD-9 codes in the file.

On Windows 7, personalize your desktop settings and change the size of all items to Smaller - 100% (Default) and see if that helps.

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:00 pm

we are running v19 on both now, but we ran the two versions for a couple of days and it was fine...however there is no need to do that if all is working ok. We won't be setting up icd-10 codes yet..i'm putting that off as long as possible at this point.

I've already messed with my desktop settings, desk top settings doesn't change anything in the program. when it's opened. I think it is strange that our other computer doesn't have the problem. It does have a different model graphics card and I think it has a different motherboard, so the only thing I can think of is the on board video card is playing with it somehow.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Maybe your computer is missing some standard font that normally comes with Windows. I know you don't want to do it, but maybe the fastest thing to do would be to re-install Windows.