Revenue Management - Remittance paths

Posts related Medisoft software.
Paul Williams

Revenue Management - Remittance paths

Post by Paul Williams » Tue May 21, 2013 9:05 am

We're setting up Revenue Management to use Gateway EDI as our claims receiver. Gateway has requested that we provide them with a "remit file path".
In RM under config/preferences, the Revenue Management tab allows for entry of a "remittance export path" as well as multiple "report import folders".
What needs to be setup in this area? Does one create both a remit import folder such as "\\Server2\Medidata\RMData\835Import\" in the report import folder dropdown, and then define a remit export folder like "\\Server2\Medidata\RMData\835Export\", then give Gateway the path to the import folder? Or just create one folder using the remit export folder and give that to Gateway?

I assume this is for when I connect to their website and download 835 ERA's, that it will send them to this path (rather than prompt me for where to download them).
The usage of the terms import and export has me confused. From whose perspective? What's an export for Gateway is an import for me.

Is it ok to use UNC pathnames?
Is it ok to create this as a subfolder beneath RMData (just to keep things organized and simplify backups).

Thank you.

Will

Re: Revenue Management - Remittance paths

Post by Will » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:36 am

Gateways request for a "remit file path" should be entered on the Gateway Website. Once you log into the site, go to the My Account tab at the top of the page. Here you will find the location to enter the path for the remit files. In RM under the Config/preferences, the Revenue Management tab that allows for entry of a remittance export path will not need to be configured. The paths will all need to be set on the GatewayEDI website under the My Account tab.

Paul Williams

Re: Revenue Management - Remittance paths

Post by Paul Williams » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 pm

For those wanting to know what the paths are...
My Medisoft/RM ver 18 defaulted to these already-defined folders:
\\<server>\Medidata\RMData\<practice>\Outbound\ (837 claims)
\\<server>\Medidata\RMData\<practice>\Download\ (835 ERA's)