Outages currently affecting Medisoft

Posts related Medisoft software.
Gavin Walker

Outages currently affecting Medisoft

Post by Gavin Walker » Sat May 31, 2008 10:26 pm

McKesson is experiencing technical difficulties with several Lytec and MediSoft related services. Potentially affected services include medisoft.com, lytec.com, Lytec and Medisoft online knowledge bases, and Claims Manager EDI connectivity. McKesson is taking all necessary steps to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We will provide regular updates via this forum topic. As soon as we have an estimated time for resolution, we will post this information as well. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:57 pm

It looks like all of these services have now been restored. If you are still having difficulty, you might try power cycling your router.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Below is the explanation I got from McKesson about this outage:

We experienced significant service interruption with our Medisoft and Lytec applications between May 20 and May 31, which caused these and related services to be unavailable for some period of time. First, we want to extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Second, we want to share some information regarding the cause of this service interruption. Recently, we detected an attack on the particular server that supports our Medisoft and Lytec applications, including Medisoft.com; Lytec.com; Online Knowledge Base for Medisoft and Lytec; claims submission from Claims Manager; eligibility transactions; new enrollments for Claims Manager; and Metro connectivity. On Saturday, May 31 we were able to gradually bring the affected applications and services online, and they are now fully operational.

We are still investigating the attack, but we do know that approximately 700,000 similar servers around the world were attacked over the past several weeks. So clearly, this was not an attack directed only at us.

In response to the attack, we immediately took the particular server offline, which is standard protocol to protect both our customers and McKesson. We also convened our Emergency Response Team, which includes internal and external experts who investigate situations of this nature. Also, we installed additional monitoring tools such as an application firewall specifically setup with the signatures related to this attack and a monitoring tool that will give an automatic alert if such an attack were attempted to prevent further attacks. Through our continuing investigation we will assess the nature, scope and impact of the attack; ensure the attack remains isolated and resolve any issues caused by it. Also, we are developing additional protections against future problems of a similar nature to the extent possible and will communicate further with particular affected customers if needed.

adancalderon

Just my luck

Post by adancalderon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:30 pm

I actually tried to register the AVAP module with one of the clinics I support (yesterday Friday the 13th) and I had to call them up. Neither Medisoft's website or it's interactive registration process worked. To make the long story short they gave me some code that made the module stop nagging about registration but did recommend I re register if I reinstalled. I guess they gave some generic get rid of the nag message code.

The funny thing is that the last time I tried to do this for another clinic, they were having issues. This was May 17th and I got a reply from them in which they told me they were moving their server from Arizona to Georgia. It is pretty funny because I was registering another AVAP module for another clinic. I had to wait until the next week to go out to the clinic and register the module.

I feel like next time I am going to work on a medisoft system I should just be prepared for them being down.

-Adan

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:19 am

I just checked and the Medisoft Online Registration is up. Take care that you register everything with the EXACT same practice name if you register here.