Modem gets dialtone but doesnt dial when submitting claims

Posts related Medisoft software.
SmartGuyUS

Modem gets dialtone but doesnt dial when submitting claims

Post by SmartGuyUS » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Medisoft v16, modem, new PC, Win 7. Everything runs great - BUT: something went awry. I can connect to my EDI provider with the terminal (using the defined provider, settings, phone no, etc)

BUT- when i go to submit a claim, I get a dialtone and thats where it sits. No dialing no nothing. It just goes off-hook. Really perplexed. Any troubleshooting techniques anyone can think of?

BTW- When I search for the Modem, Medisoft finds it and diagnostics are fine. If I go to my device manager in Windows 7 and query the modem. Everything queries OK.

Looking for some suggestions. :-/

Gavin Walker

Re: Modem gets dialtone but doesnt dial when submitting clai

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:03 pm

Are you using Revenue Management or one of the direct modules to submit claims? None of those modules are supported for Medisoft v16 anymore and it is doubtful they will work.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

SmartGuyUS

Post by SmartGuyUS » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Sorry- Revenue Management and we have upgraded to v17 (sorry- not 16).

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Is your communication scripted or are you just getting the black Terminal window? If just the Terminal window you have to click the Connect button and Revenue Management will dial the number that is setup in the communication. If it is scripted, then there is probably something wrong with the script.

SmartGuyUS

Post by SmartGuyUS » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:58 pm

It is the scripted version. It's funny, like I said, when I just go to the medisoft terminal and click dial and select the EDI provider. it goes off hook, dials connects and I get the host. When I use revenue management and try to submit a claim to the same provider.. it goes off hook, dial-tone is heard but no dialing. I checked the send script and see a call to crt.connect. I am a coder so this immediately calls my attention. Where can I find that script so I can see (what I assume) are the modem init strings?

-or maybe you have another suggestion?

-Mark

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:50 am

Try setting up a new communication with no script and see if you can manually make it dial.

You can access the script by editing the Communication record and then click the Details button. Go over to the Scripts tab and you will see both a Send and Receive sub-tab.

But you might first go over to the Settings tab and make sure phone number is entered there. If you leave Modem/Port blank, Revenue Management should auto-select the modem.