How Create Transaction Code not to print on Patient Bill

Posts related Medisoft software.
sp655

How Create Transaction Code not to print on Patient Bill

Post by sp655 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:59 pm

I work for billing company and receive communications from providers that I would like to post as an internal note in the Transaction screen, either as a type of Procedure or type of Transaction, that will not show up on the patient's bill. I tried just entering a date under the Transaction section, then "Note", but it said I had to enter a transaction-type code (sorry, the screen is not in front of me right now to know exactly what the heading says). Since I am in the Transaction screen most of the time, I do not want to have to go to Case>Comments every time. Suggestions?

Gavin Walker

Re: How Create Transaction Code not to print on Patient Bill

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:46 pm

In Transaction Entry, select the charge for which you want to enter a note and click the Note button. The default is Transaction Note (internal use only). If you enter a Transaction Note, it will not print anywhere and it is for internal use only. If you want the note to print on your patient statements, click the drop-down and select Statement Note. Now any patient statement report template that is setup to print Statement Notes will include whatever you type on the patient statement. Note, many patient statement reports that come with Medisoft do NOT print Statement Notes so you may have to configure your statement report to print the Statement Note. Note that the BillFlash statements DO print statement notes if you use this service.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

sp655

Post by sp655 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:47 pm

I am familiar with posting notes in the Transaction Entry screen on both Charges and Payment/Adj/Comment portions (I call them upper and lower LOL). The main thing I would love to be able to do is on the Pay/Ad/Com ( lower portion) is to create a type of Pay/Adj code that is for internal use only and would not print on the patient bill and has no dollar value associated with it. Can I create a Comment that does not print on the patient bill? For example-I make a follow-up call to a ins company and they tell me they are in the process of making Dr. Jones in-network, but still need some info from him. I want to document who I spoke to and the call reference number. It is not specific to a particular claim or payment, just something I can refer back to rather than climb thru piles of paperwork. Thanks.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:07 pm

If you use Deposit Entry in Medisoft Advanced or Net Pro, you can create what is called a Claim Rejection Message. When you apply the payment or adjustment you can then pick the message that will print. What it does under the covers is create a transaction note like I describe above. They didn't give it the best name, because these can be any message you want printed on the statement, they don't have to be claim rejection messages. For example, you could have a message saying "this was applied to your copay" or whatever would be appropriate.

sp655

Post by sp655 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:38 pm

We are not using advanced V17, just basic. I do not want anything to print at all. I just really wanted to create an internal comment on the Transaction Entry page that I can refer back to regarding the account. I am getting the impression no type of code can be created that will not print on the patient bill. I didn't want to create a code and then have the code and date display with no description or amount, then have the client call wondering why it's there.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:19 am

You can create a code type "Comment" that can be entered where you enter other payments and adjustments. You can only view a Comment from the transaction entry window.

sp655

Post by sp655 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:05 pm

I can't wait to go back and try that - thanks so much!!

And Merry Christmas :)

sp655

Post by sp655 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:16 pm

This solution did not work. I was able to create a code with "Comment" as the transaction type and also the Code 1 name, but COMMENT showed on the Patient Bill, along with any description entered. Unfortunately, I used this on several patient accounts, and the Procedure Day Sheet report does not show the type "Comment", so I am unable to go back and delete until I actually see it pop up next time I go into Transaction Screen. Programmed as follows:

Code 1: COMMENT
Desc: COMMENT
Code Type: Comment
Acct Code: Blank
Alternate (auto filled in): 2: Comment 3: Comment

Let me know if you can think of another solution. Thanks.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:03 pm

They try printing with one of the standard patient statements that come with Medisoft. The statement you are printing with has probably been customized to include Comments which are left off of statements as a default.