Portrait

Posts related Medisoft software.
cuorethyx

Portrait

Post by cuorethyx » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:26 am

What's your recommendation for a good lens for portrait and a beginner zoom lens? I need a good lens for portrait and also a zoom lens (other than 18-55mm). Please tell me your recommendation based on your experience. Actually, it would be great if there is a zoom lens that is also great for portraits, so I don't have to buy 2 different lenses.
Last edited by cuorethyx on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gavin Walker

Re: Portrait

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:09 am

Are you looking to use the picture in the multimedia tab of Medisoft? You can take a patient's picture and have the patient's image display every time you open that patient's record in Medisoft. You actually don't want a fancy camera to use with Medisoft. Primarily because a hi-res picture does not scale in the tiny multi-media window of Medisoft. Medisoft v18 is a little better. The secondary reason is because you can chew up database space in a hurry by taking hi-res photos of every patient and attaching them in Medisoft. The tertiary reason is Medisoft will slow way down if it has to pull a hi-res photo from the database every time a patient record is opened. What you want to look for is a camera that will automatically generate a thumbnail (or "for Internet" image) of the photo with every shot and then use the thumbnails within Medisoft.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386