Medisoft v17 freezing with Windows 7

Posts related Medisoft software.
mbmny

Medisoft v17 freezing with Windows 7

Post by mbmny » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:38 pm

I am using medisoft V17. i just added a new computer to the network which is Windows 7 (since windows xp pro is no longer avail to purchase). I am having constant freezing issues when lauching medisoft and also when working in medisoft. The system will get hung up for 20 min or more unless i reboot the windows 7 computer. Also, when the windows 7 computer is hung up or frozen, the other 5 work stations (all xp pro) will also freeze. I never had this issue when working with with xp pro computers. My computer tech has worked together with my medisoft support rep cannot figure out a solution that works. my tech did make sure medisoft was compatiable with all programs on the window 7 computer and it still freezes. Has anyone had this issue and found a soulution that actually works? please help, this is a nightmare! UGH

Gavin Walker

Re: Medisoft v17 freezing with Windows 7

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:39 am

There are several programs that can conflict the Medisoft and prevent it from starting. Chrome, some anti-virus, and instant messengers can all interfere. If you stop the offending program then Medisoft will start right up. That could explain why Medisoft starts when you first reboot your computer, because you having had time to start up some of those other programs.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mbmny

Re: Medisoft v17 freezing with Windows 7

Post by mbmny » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:13 pm

update on what we found to be the best solution so far to correct the freezing issue: we installed the virtual XP application now available for windows 7. It wasnt easy for my tech b/c it was almost like setting up a new computer. After a couple days of tweeking to get my settings working properly, medisoft is finally running with no hang up problems. This was worth the effort rather than dealing with unproductive freezing several times a day.