marking claims as done

Posts related Medisoft software.
EHCS

marking claims as done

Post by EHCS » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:41 pm

One more question. Our medisoft is not marking primary or secondary claims as done when payments are applied. We do have the option checked in our settings so there is no reason it shouldn't be...but it isn't. Our previous install of medisoft (on a different computer) worked fine for primary claims but didn't mark secondaries as done. I was the originall installer on the previous install so I don't if something else was done that I am not aware of to make it mark them done (besides checking it in settings)

Gavin Walker

Re: marking claims as done

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:46 pm

There is a program option for that. Go to File -> Program Options -> Payment Application tab.

Make sure Mark Completed Claims Done is checked.

When you enter a payment for insurance and mark it Complete when you apply it, the Claim is supposed to be marked Done for that insurance.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Exactly...that was what I was saying. That box is marked...but it still doesn't mark them as done. There is also a check in the box when I apply the payment. I have been entering transactions long enough to know that everything is as it should be in the obvious places...but I still have to manually mark them done.....

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:41 pm

I should also add...we did call our tech support and the guy couldn't figure it out so someone is supposed to call back...that was over a week ago and we can't get through to anybody. The guy we talked to seemed a little like he was "new and learning"...but maybe it was just a glitch in the install. We are getting new computers in a couple of weeks maybe a new install is required and will fix the problem.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 am

Make sure you have the latest service pack installed for your version of Medisoft and then run File Maintenance -> Rebuild All Indexes and Pack All Data. Run a backup first.