Charges remain altered after deleting payment

Posts related Medisoft software.
yeedoc

Charges remain altered after deleting payment

Post by yeedoc » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:28 pm

After a recent data corruption, our practice was able to successfully restore Medisoft functionality. In the process of restoring functionality, we also updated to SP3.3.

Our biller tested out a few entries by creating a fake payment, then applying the payment to some outstanding cases. After deleting the payment, the remainder amounts reverted back without any problem. This testing worked fine until we encountered one particular case where, after deleting the payment, the remainder stayed the same. As such, the remainder amounts are artificially reduced without any record of payment.

I was wondering if we might be overlooking something, or if we should restore from a much earlier backup?

PS I have attached a redacted screenshot for some clarity
Attachments
test case.JPG
test case.JPG (63.35 KiB) Viewed 3759 times

Gavin Walker

Re: Charges remain altered after deleting payment

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:03 am

Even with the screenshot, it is hard to tell what is going on. I would run Medisoft\Bin\MediUtils.exe -> Repair Payment References. This will generate Medisoft\Bin\FixPax.log. Review the log file for any missing procedure, payment, or, adjustment codes. Add those codes back into the database and re-run the utility. Keep running the utility until no more missing codes are found. You should only have to run this utility a maximum of two times if you are thorough about searching the log file. See if that fixes your problem and if afterwards you can apply payments to that same charge with expected results.

As always, run a backup first before running any repair utilities.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386