Insurance setup for secondary carrier

General information about Medisoft
stick

Insurance setup for secondary carrier

Post by stick » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:44 pm

A question In connection to my last issue with insurance carriers... (again we are on Version 19 still)
we use availity to electronically process claims. Our medicare claims are going as they should but we are getting many back
from medicare that aren't being forwarded to the secondary carrier. Availity says that's an issue we need to correct in Medisoft.
Medisoft was already set up in this office before I was hired so not sure what the problem is. What all options/fields do we need to have
filled in to make these claims crossover to the secondary. We do have "crossover" checked anytime we enter a secondary carrier.
Can you help us with what we are missing? We have scoured the internet for a VERSION 19 manual that might be useful in helping us
with this & other issues but have been unable to come across one. Previous employee has no idea where the disk or manual is that
was used to install Version 19. Thanks for your reply.

Gavin Walker

Re: Insurance setup for secondary carrier

Post by Gavin Walker » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:35 pm

If you can tell me loop, segment, and field and what value they are expecting, then I can tell you where in Medisoft that is entered at. I am wondering if you need to fill out the Medicare secondary reason on the Policy #2 tab of the Case.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

stick

Post by stick » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:58 am

AS you can probably tell by now this is all "greek" to me. They won't tell us what we need, just that the issue is within our medisoft program.
would it help if I sent a screen shot of our insurance setup tabs so you can see what we have entered on those? If so, I can do that on Monday or Tuesday since I am not in the office right now to be able to access that data. Thank you so much for your help. since this was just dropped on us with none to little training we are in the dark on some of the issues that are coming up & of course it doesn't help that our version is so old. Do you know if there would be a training/instruction manual ANYWHERE for the Version 19 program?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:47 am

You can press F1 to get help on every screen throughout the program. The user manual is on the installation ISO for Medisoft. If you private message me your contact info then I can send you the user manual for Revenue Management.

You might uncheck crossover, click Update All in Transaction Entry, and then send the secondary claims yourself.

stick

Post by stick » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:40 am

Thank you for the reply & link to the revenue management manual. We still haven't been able to determine what loop, segment, and field are needed or how to find that out. On another note: yesterday we tried to enter a new patient (again, version 19) all the personal information (name, address, phone, etc) went in as it should but when went to enter the next set of information (insurance policy, etc) the fields are already populated with another current patient's information. Couldn't figure out why, so we tried entering another new patient, this happens on every new patient we are trying to enter. THE PATIENT INFORMATION THAT IS ALREADY POPULATED IN THE INSURANCE POLICY FIELDS, ETC IS THE SAME PATIENT FOR EVERY NEW PATIENT WE ARE TRYING TO ADD. We checked the current patient's info (that is populating where it shouldn't on new patients & don't seen any problems with his account. Hope this makes sense. Any chance you can tell us what is happening & how to fix it?

stick

Post by stick » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:09 am

on the subject above of new patient entry issues.. I should note that we have not had this issue in the past. Just started Monday, Jan 30th.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:11 am

You have accidentally set your default patient information. Hold down your CTRL key and click the Reset Default Button to set the default back to the way it was originally when you installed Medisoft.

Is the insurance type of the primary insurance set to Medicare and what do you have filled into the Medicare Secondary Reason on the Policy 2 tab?

stick

Post by stick » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:31 pm

so we need to reset default on each patient that the information carried over to?

There is no option to enter anything in the medicare secondary reason field.. the field has a drop down arrow but won't let us put anything in there.
I was trying to attach a screen shot of our Policy 2 tab so show what we have but it won't accept my file type for some reason.

Question: is there any type of Version 19 support that we can get over the phone or remotely logged in to computer to help with our seemingly endless issues. If so, what type of fees would that involve?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:40 am

The default is the information that is defaulted on a new patient. It will not affect any prior patients that you have already saved.

It won't let you put anything in there because the insurance type is not Medicare.

We offer Medisoft training options here:
https://walkerteksolutions.com/product/wts-training/