Speed of Medisoft on Desktop vs via RDP on a Terminal Server

General information about Medisoft
mbpros

Speed of Medisoft on Desktop vs via RDP on a Terminal Server

Post by mbpros » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:04 am

I have a question about the speed of working in Medisoft. When I work in the Medisoft on my PC that is connected to the Medidata on my server, I am able to work real fast (keystrokes, RM loading, posting remits, etc). When I connect to Medisoft on my Terminal Server, even though the server is supposedly fast with a lot of memory, I find it is slower working in Medisoft (slower with keystrokes, slower with RM loading, slower with posting remits).

Is this normal? The reason I ask is because I'm considering moving my servers offsite to a co-location hosting facility and if I did that I would have to work on my TS via RDP Web rather than working on my PC connected directly to Medidata on my DC. If it is normal that speed would be slower working via RDP on my TS compared to working locally on my PC, that might influence if I move my servers to a co-location hosting facility.

Thanks,
Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

Gavin Walker

Re: Speed of Medisoft on Desktop vs via RDP on a Terminal Server

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:45 am

If you have fast computers and you aren't happy with the speed of RDP locally, then introducing web into the mix will only slow things down further. The speed of the Internet is usually the bottleneck with our Medisoft hosting service.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386