Revenue management and modifiers

General information about Medisoft
SWBNC

Revenue management and modifiers

Post by SWBNC » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:44 pm

Whenever we use revenue management to check a claim, there is a whole list of claims that comes up as well. Is there a way to get rid of all the unwanted claims that appear in revenue management?

Also, when I use the diagnosis code 98941AT, revenue management is saying that there is an error with the code. It specifically says that modifier 1 is too short and modifier 2 is too short. We have tried entering the code in a couple different ways, but it never gets passed by revenue management. Is there a specific way that the code should be entered in in order for it to be accepted?

Gavin Walker

Re: Revenue management and modifiers

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:44 am

On any claims you are done with, you can change status 1, 2, or 3 to Done to drop them off the list.

It looks like you are talking about procedure codes. The Procedure Code needs to be 98941 and then the modifier 1 field should be AT. It looks like you have 98941AT all in the procedure code field. I am not sure if you also need a secondary modifier, but if so then that goes in the modifier 2 field.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:44 am

On any claims you are done with, you can change status 1, 2, or 3 to Done to drop them off the list.

It looks like you are talking about procedure codes. The Procedure Code needs to be 98941 and then the modifier 1 field should be AT. It looks like you have 98941AT all in the procedure code field. I am not sure if you also need a secondary modifier, but if so then that goes in the modifier 2 field.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

SWBNC

Post by SWBNC » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:17 am

So we are still having issues with the list of claims that pops up in revenue management. Whenever we go into revenue management to check newly uploaded claims, a whole list of unwanted claims pops up and when we click check claims, it has to check all of the claims we don't want as well, which takes up a lot of time. Then when it is done checking the claims, all the claims that passed the check, wanted or unwanted, are automatically selected for sending, so I have to go through and unselect each claim individually. We have tried many different things, and nothing we do removes the the claims. We just want to know how to completely remove them from revenue management.