Free Medisoft Support & Other - Courtesy Support Resource

For prospective & existing Walker Tek Solutions' clients. (Remember me for upgrades ~ Gavin)
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:45 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:01 pm 

When entering payments in the Enter Deposits and Apply payments area, I am not finding a way to easily put in insurance incentive payments. Currently, all fields, including the Payment, Deductible, Withhold, Allowed, and Adjustment areas, are being utilized to enter payments. While the Take Back column is typically free of use, it will not populate any adjustment other than the Take Back. Is it possible to add an insurance Incentive payment tab/field so that I can avoid the extra work of having to hand calculate the added payment?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:15 am 

There is not really a good way to enter that in Medisoft. You could setup a fake patient for this insurance in Medisoft and probably use a separate payment code so you can track these payments on the Practice Analysis report.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:46 pm 

Thank you for responding. I am not as concerned about tracking the payments, as I am looking for an easier way to have the program add and subtract the various payments and adjustments for each line item. When entering payments, by putting in the amounts in each column, the program automatically calculates and makes the adjustments leaving the correct balance owed by the patient or second insurance, if any. Currently, because there is not a column for the extra incentive payment, we are having to hand calculate the adjustment, making the process more time consuming than desired. I think you have already answered my question when you stated that there is no easy way to do it, but is there a setting in Medisoft that might allow me to add an additional column with a positive adjustment? If not, could you give me an example of how it would look if I set up a fake patient and, for the purposes I am speaking of, would it make sense?

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:33 am 

So let me see if I understand. You are receiving money from a particular insurance for a particular patient that does not reduce the balance due from the patient? So if the fee was $100 and the allowed amount was $80 and the insurance pays $65, but $5 of that is a bonus, you are saying the patient owes $20 instead of $15.